Shopping

TrisPOV

I wake up to a kiss planted on my forehead.

"Tris, you need to wake up. Everyone is waiting on us."

Shit.

I sit up, the drownsiness completely leaving my body. I quickly throw on some clothes; my black Dauntless-traditional pants and a low v-neck top, revealing my raven tattoo.

I run to the bathroom, twisting my knotted hair and pinning it up with a clip. I brush my teeth frantically, spitting out the minty foam into the sink. I then splash my face with water, in the hopes that maybe the cold water will help me look less zombie-like, quickly put on deodorant, and walk back out into the bedroom.

I make sure to bring all of my necessities whenever I spend a few nights at Tobias' apartment for this very reason.

Tobias is patiently waiting on the edge of the bed, tieing his shoe laces. I can't help but admire the definition of each muscle under his tight shirt, the top of his tattoo peaking out around the collar, and the nimbleness of his fingers as he ties his laces into a bow.

I shake my head and I sit down beside him, slipping on my combat boots and tightening the laces.

"I'm ready," I say, finally letting myself breathe.

"Lead the way."

Tobias closes the apartment door behind us before he intertwines his fingers with mine. We walk together down the dim hallway again, having small talk as our footsteps sync.

"How are you feeling after getting some rest?" He asks me, giving my palm a small squeeze.

"I'm still a little shaken up from the whole thing," I say, "but other events from last night are keeping my mind occupied."

I can't believe I said that out loud, but there is no denying it. I can't stop thinking about his lips on mine, his hands roaming my body...

"Is that so?" He says, looking down at me. My cheeks instantly feel hot. "You're being rather bold this morning Ms. Prior."

"I wonder what we're having for breakfast today!!" I say trying to change the subject as we finally reach the doors to the cafeteria. Tobias chuckles as the strong smell of blueberry muffins and bacon make my mouth water. I can pracitcally taste it without even eating it yet.

I scan the room for our friends, my eyes looking over many young dauntless shouting at each other. Some are playing card games, and others laughing hysterically at a joke someone made.

This is what makes me feel right at home.

My eyes finally land on Christina, who is waving us over in the far corner of the room where her, Zeke, Uriah, and Will sit.

I tug Tobias with me and we finally sit down, Christina on my right, and Tobias on my left.
His hand rests on my thigh, his thumb running over the inside of it. I can feel a surge of warmth go through my body, and bite my lip.

While he dives into a conversation with the guys, I grab a muffin from the center of the table to distract myself, picking off a piece. I didn't realize how hungry I was until I had food in front of me.

"What took you two so long?" Christina asks, her eyes motioning to the mark on my neck as a smirk begins creeping across her face. I sigh.

"I uh, accidentally touched my straightener against my neck, and Four was helping me put healing balm on it." Maybe if I stare down at the half eaten muffin in my hand she won't interrogate me.

I sneak a peak at her, and she's still grinning at me. There's no point lying to a former Candor, and especially Christina.

"Okay fine," I say, "we did something, but it's nothing crazy."