Chapter 24

TobiasPOV

The simulation starts.
Tris joins me at my side as images slowly appear on the screen in front of us.
Ashley is in the training room, no one to be seen.
She looks around frantically.
No one.
"Hello?" She says, her trembling voice echoing against the hallow walls.
He hands start to shake.
Then, all of the sudden, the lights turn off, and she is in total darkness.
She screams in panic.
I hear her footsteps running on the cold floor of the room.
I hear a big thud, and a high pinched scream.
"SHIT!" She yells.
She must have ran into something.
I don't hear anything from there for a few minutes, but her breathing.
"Nothing is here," she whispers, "No one can hurt you."
Then I hear footsteps again.
"Wh-who's there?" She stutters.
I hear a female laugh, very familiar.
She starts to cry.
"P-please d-don't hurt me." Says Ashley.
The female laughs again.
The lights turn back on, and Jeanine Mathews appears in font of Ashley.
I look at Tris.
She has the same shocked expression on her face as me.
"I thought she was afraid of the dark." I say confused.
"I did too." Says Tris in agreement.
"W-what do you want from me mom? What the fuck do you want from me!" She yells, staring Jeanine dead in the eyes.
I look at Tris, who is horror struck.
"Jeanine is her god damn mother?! Oh my fucking god! How bad can this get!" Yells Tris at the screen.
I pull her towards me, wrapping my arm behind her back.
Her arms snake around me, and pulls me into a hug.
We continue watching.
"I want you to do as you're told, and finish your business at Dauntless." Says Jeanine.
"What the hell is being an asshole going to help anything? W-why can't Jessica do this shit?"
Who is Jessica?
"Your sister has to produce the serum we are going to use to complete this plan."
"What's hurting people going to do anything?" Says Ashley, her hands turning to fists.
"I'll explain everything once you've down what you're told, or there will be extreme punishments.
"What is the point of all of this? What has Dauntless ever done to you? Or the faction system period? Why the hell do you want to kill Tris for? This is all bullshit."
My heart sinks.
Someone else is after my girlfriend.
Fuck.
I look at Tris again, who looks like she's seen a ghost.
"Tris Prior is the only Divergent here in Chicago who is 100% Pure, and with her in the way, she could change everything." Says Jeanine.
How is all of this coming from this simulation?
"She ain't going to do anything but fuck her boyfriend mother." Ashley says.
I shake my head.
"Ashley, do what you are told-" and that's when Ashley lunges at her, her fist flying to Jeanine's face.
Everything on the screen goes black, and Ashley jumps up off the chair with a scream.
We turn around and look at her, our faces showing pure horror.
She looks from me to Tris, and back again.
Then starts to cry, her head in her hands.
"You have a shit load of explaining to do." I glare at her.
She cries harder.
"What the hell does Jeanine want with my girlfriend?!" I yell at her.
She lifts her head, and shoots her eyes at me.
"I DON'T FUCKING KNOW OKAY? I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT MY MOM WANTS OR IS GOING TO DO! WHAT SHE SAID IN THAT SIMULATION WAS THE MOST SHE HAS EVERY TOLD ME!" She yells back at me, pointing her finger at the computer.
"You better fucking know soon, and you better tell us everything you know now!" Yells Tris.
"I FUCKING CAN'T! SHE WILL KNOW!" She points at the almost invisible camera in the corner of the room.
"SHE CAN SEE AND HEAR EVERYTHING WE ARE SAYING WITH THAT GOD DAMN CAMERA OKAY? AND IF SHE SEES ME TELLING YOU GUYS THIS BULLSHIT SHE WILL BASICALLY FUCKING KILL ME!" Yells Ashley, putting her hands back in her hands.
I look at Tris, then at the camera.
"But the people in the control room are the only ones that can see through those cameras." I say, calming down a bit.
"No, you idiot. Jeanine is a tech genius, of course she can hack into the cameras." Says Ashley.
I walk up to her, and get close to her face and whisper, "Come to our place after we finish with these simulations. We are having a BIG AND LONG talk." I say.
I pull away, and she nods.
She stands up, and leaves the room, not saying another word.
I walk to Tris and hug her tightly.
"No one is going to lay a finger on you but me." I whisper in her ear.
She smiles.
"They probably won't live long enough to anyway." She says.
"Very true."
I pull away from her, and open the door.
Everyone looks at me with horror.
I ignore it and call Katie to join Tris and I in the simulation room.
She stands up, and joins us, and I usher her to the chair, shutting the door.
She sits down, laying back, her hands shaking.
"Katie, it's okay. It's going to be okay."
Says Tris, trying to soothe her.
Katie just nods.
I explain all the boring shit, before I press the plunger on the syringe.
"Be Brave, Sis." Says Tris.
And Katie's eyes close, and Tris and I watch the screen.
Katie appears in a hallway, much like the ones here in Dauntless, with torches on either side of the walls.
It's very narrow.
She doesn't start to panic, until she hears a clicking noise.
She shivers.
I hear a snap.
She looks behind her, and out of nowhere, and gigantic spider appears, inching closer to her.
She screams, turns around, and sprints as fast as she can, trying to get away from the ugly ass spider.
The spider chases after her, showing her no mercy.
She keeps running not looking back.
The spider is inches away from her when she turns a corner, making the spider run into the wall.
She keeps running, and stops after a few minutes to catch her breath.
I hear the snapping and clicking sound again, but not coming from behind her, but in front of her.
Another gigantic spider, much like the first one, appears, it's long hairy legs moving itself closer to Katie.
She screams again, and turns around to run the other way, but the first spider blocks her path.
The two spiders move closer and closer to her.
She screams, sinking to the floor.
Then she says, "This isn't real."
Shit.
She stands up, and touches the top of the spiders head, and it turns to ashes.
She turns to the second one, doing to same.
The spider turns into dark ashes.
The screen goes blank, and she bolts off the chair, breathing deeply.
I look at Tris.
She walks over to Katie.
"What was your test results?" She asks her.
Katie looks worriedly at her.
"It's okay you can tell me." Tris persists.
"Um t-they were inconclusive." She whispers. "Erudite, Abnegation, and Dauntless."
Figures. Just like her sister.
"Hey, I have the same thing. I'll help you through it."
I leave the room and quickly head to the closest water fountain, and fill my mouth with water.
I return to the simulation room, where Tris is still talking to Katie about her Divergence.
I spit the water onto the computer, loosing the data.
This is what I did with Tris' simulation. I just said the data was lost because of the water dripping from the ceiling.
"I'll explain more later Katie. Come over anytime if you have any questions." Says Tris.
Katie nods, and walks out of the room, pale as a ghost.

      >>>>>Page Break<<<<<

We wait patiently for Ashley to arrive at our apartment.
Tris is curled up next to me on the couch.
I kiss the top of her head, running my hand up and down her back.
That's when we hear a knock at the door.
Tris sits up, and I get the door.
I let Ashley in.
"Sit." I motion to the couch.
She nods and joins Tris on the couch.
I pull Tris into my lap.
"Start from the beginning. We have all night." I say.
"Okay. Well, my mom somehow got into contact with some people beyond the wall, and they said that someone in there would basically take over her control, and kill her possibly." She continues, "She talked to my older sister, Jessica, who is also beyond smart, and can figure out any damn problem given to her. She said they are right, and said that you, Tris, was who they were talking about, because she, actually worked with the people outside the wall for a few years.
Anyway, they decided to keep from losing her control, she wants to kill you. I have no idea why I have to be an asshole to everyone, and had to choose Dauntless, or even the serum. This is all I know."
Tris shivers.
"That's it?" I ask.
She nods.
"What the hell would she use a serum for?" Asks Tris.
Ashley shrugs.
"Does your sister know everything about this 'plan'?" I ask.
Ashley nods.
"If you would've just kept her mouth shut, maybe Mom wouldn't be plotting so much shit so soon. Every time I ask her for information, she calls me off, and tells mom, which leads to a beating."
That brings back memories from my childhood.
I shake my head to get rid of the thought.
"So, some people outside the wall said that I would kill her, and take control, and she is pissed at me and will kill me just to have damn control." Says Tris.
Ashley nods.
"Bullshit right? I don't understand."

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed! Sorry this isn't a fluffy chapter❤️ will have one next! I love you all💯

    -BeBrave