Chapter 17

Hey guys! I'm actually updating for once! Yay! So sorry for not updating I feel horrible. School is really messing my schedule up with all these fucking tests and stuff, but anyway, let's continue the story....

TrisPOV

My eyes flutter open.
Tobias is still wrapped around me, his legs in between mine, his hands wrapped around my waist.
His nose buried in my hair.
I smile. How do I deserve such a loving man like him?
I slowly turn around so I can face him, trying not to wake him up.
He his so peaceful in his sleep.
So care free, so young.
I lift my hand and graze his cheek with my knuckles.
He stirs but doesn't wake up.
I slide my hand up and down his arm, making him stir more, but he still won't wake up.
I place a tender kiss on his forehead, and his eyes slowly open, revealing the deep blue void I could get lost in.
He smiles a shy smile.
Haven't seen this before.
I like it.
I smile too.
"Good morning beautiful." He says, while tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.
"Good morning." I say.
He hugs me, running his gentle fingers up and down my back, tracing my spine.
"Are you feeling better this morning?" He asks. I can hear the concern in his voice.
"Yes. The pain killers are really helping." I say. And it's true.
"Good." He says.
"Tobias, can I ask you something?" I say, curiosity pulling at my brain.
"Of course Tris. You know you can ask me anything."
"Why did Eric um...do that to me? What did he mean by revenge?" I ask.
Tobias tenses.
"Are you sure you want to talk about this the day you got back from the hospital?" He asks sternly.
"I mean, we don't have to, I was just curious. Eric never made since to me." I say.
He sighs.
"Let's talk about this later Tris."
"Okay." I say, "Who trained the initiates while I was in the hospital? I know you didn't because you were with me the whole time."
"Christina took over." He says.
Oh. I need to thank her today.
"Am I going to be training them this week?" I ask.
Tobias shakes his head and sits up in the bed.
I do the same.
"Not unless you feel up to it Tris. I would recommend you stay here." Says Tobias.
Well, I will be bored if I stay here to long.
Then that's when a thought comes to mind.
"What is Dauntless going to do with Eric?" I ask spitting his name like venom.
Tobias' eyebrows crease tightly.
"Nothing. Apparently, when we were rushing you to the hospital, someone erased the camera footage. No one believed Eric would do such a thing, so they didn't believe our protests against him." He says. I can see the rage building up inside him.
I clinch my hands into fists.
"That fucker," Says Tobias darkly, "is going to pay for everything he's done. He is going to regret coming near you or me."
I caress his shoulder.
He looks at me and his eyes soften.
I lean close to him so our noses rub against each other.
He visibly relaxes against me and I pull him towards me, connecting his lips to mine.
We kiss for what seems like forever, until we finally have to pull away for air.
He hugs me tightly. "No one is ever going to take you away from me ever again." He says, burying his nose in my hair once more.
I sigh.
He pulls away from me and smiles.
"If you want to go back to scaring the initiates, I just suggest you get ready.
I look at the clock.
Shit. I only have 30 minutes to get ready.
I quickly hop out of bed, and as fast as I can, throw on clothes and head into the bathroom.
I hear Tobias laugh.
I roll my eyes.
I look at myself in the mirror as I quickly put my hair up.