The Journey

Kou and I walked along the sidewalk as I sighed. "So, Mneko-Chan, where to first?" I took a deep breath. "Well, I don't really know. I was thinking, we could just wander around and find books and things trying to find ANYTHING on inter-dimensional travel." He smiled. "I know of a really good library, but it's in France..." I smiled. "Any way for us to get there?" he held out his hand. "Yeah, if you take my hand, I can transport us there." I grabbed his hand. "Then, let's go." He grinned as he took my hand and whisked me away to Paris...

     "Well Mneko-Chan, here we are! Now I know we came here to research, but I want to take you places to have fun as well, because you need to loosen up." I sighed. "Fine, but no fun until after we check the library." He nodded as he led me inside a giant building, I presumed was the library. I gasped, as there were miles upon miles, upon miles, upon miles, it seemed, of books. I went straight to the science fiction section and looked for inter-dimensional travel. I found about thirty books, and asked Kou to help me get them. He nodded and took all but about five. I smiled as we sat down at a table and began to read. 

     "KOU!" I gasped. He jerked in my direction. "Hmm?" He asked. I pulled out a note. "It's...FROM KINO!" He snapped to attention. "What does it say?" I cleared my throat. 

Dearest Queen, 

     In this book, you will find all the information you need to unlock your power. I am warning you, when you learn the truth, you'll be very upset. I do apologize, and I can't wait to see you again! If you have any questions, just call my name, and I'll come running! Ciao~!

                                                                                                                                                                                            Kino

I gasped. "THIS IS IT!" I sighed as I began to read. "There are some legendary breeds of vampire that can perform inter-dimensional travel. These breeds have the ability to travel in between worlds freely, and can even bring others with them through the worlds. However, if they do, the vampire owns that person. They become the property of the vampire, and are theirs to do with what they please. The only way to revoke this ownership, is if both parties consent. A possible side-affect of this inter-dimensional travel, is the gaining of magical abilities, and even possibly becoming a vampire, although it is rare. If this happens, the person is forever stuck in the dimension forever." I cringed. So I...BELONGED TO KINO?!

     I was on the verge of a panic attack and Kou was trying to calm me down. "Alex, we don't even know if it's true, so stop freaking out." I seriously belonged to that clingy, overprotective, romanticizing, CRAZY PERSON?! I started crying. "W-we should go back home, the others need to hear about this." He nodded and hugged me, transporting back to the manor.

     "Guys you're back early! Wait, WHY IS ALEX CRYING!? THE WHOLE POINT OF THE TRIP WAS TO MAKE HER SMILE!" The nine cried as we walked into the house. "Well, we found some disturbing information." Kou sighed. I collected myself. "First off, I'm stuck here forever, I can never go home." They frowned. "Did you...want to go home?" Laito asked. I sighed. "I mean not really, but now even if I did, I can't" They smiled, but frowned at her disheartened look. "You said first off, so there's something else?" I nodded. "I apparently...belong to Kino, since he brought me here." They all scowled. "Well, that's not going to happen, we won't let it." I smiled. "I feel a lot better hearing that, but I don't fully understand what it means. I still have so many unanswered questions, but now I'm a little afraid to find their answers. What if they turn out to be horrible, like this one?" I sighed. They all hugged me. "Then we'll be here to help you through it. You'll never be alone here, we promise." I smiled. "Thanks guys, that means a lot to me." I was about to say something else when a letter flew in the room. 

Oh Alex, 

     I hope you enjoyed my present I left you. I understand you still have questions, and would love to answer them. If you meet me in the yard, ALONE, I can explain everything~! 

                                                                                                                                                                                 Love Kino

I sighed. "Alex, why is it blank?" Ayato asked. I shrugged. "Kino is probably just trying to mess with us." I sighed. I couldn't let them know, but I HAD to get some answers to these questions, I wouldn't be able to live with all these missing pieces to my puzzle, I would be...incomplete. "I'm tired after today, I'm going up to bed." They perked up. "Let one of us go with you." They grinned. I shook my head. "I kinda want to be alone, to process all of this, if that's ok." I sighed. They nodded. "We'll be right outside the door if you need anything, so just yell." I nodded. "Got it. Goodnight guys." I smiled as I walked up to my room. I looked out the window and tried transporting to the yard. It worked, and before I knew it, Kino was right in front of me. 

     "I thought you'd come. Don't worry, I'm alone." I nodded. "I could always yell for help if you did." He frowned. "I'm sad you have such distrust in me." I rolled my eyes. "Well, you kidnapped me, threatened my friends lives, artificially impregnated me, shall I go on?" He cringed. "I do apologize for my methods of trying to gain your love, I'll admit they were...questionable." I sighed. "But we're not here to talk about that, we're here so you can answer my questions." He smiled. "Yes, of course, now, where shall we begin?" I sighed. "How about the me supposedly belonging to you, how does that....work?" he grinned. "Oh Alex, I'm so glad you asked, this is going to be so much fun to explain..." he sighed evilly. His tone...gave me an uneasy feeling...what exactly...did this mean?