Waiting in Anticipation

A/N: This chapter may end up being shorter than most, but it's more of a filler chapter for what happens while the potion is in action. I'll try to make it as long as possible, since after this......WE DO THE ENDINGS! I can't believe it, we're here, it's the end. I'm so touched so many people read my story, so thank you so much! Without you guys, this story would be nothing, so give yourself a pat on the back, and maybe a hand-hug if you're feeling super excited. ;)

Third Person POV:

      Alex seemed to be in a sleep-like death, for the only sign she was living, was the rise and fall of her chest. "Ready to start the potion?" All nodded as they walked up to the large cauldron. "Is it ok if we say some parting words to Alex, just in case we aren't chosen?" Reiji nodded. "I think that would be nice, for her, she CAN still hear us after all." They nodded and Shu stepped up to the pot.

"Alex, I remember when you got sick, and we sat there listening to music. It was one of my best memories. You jut fell asleep in my arms. You're such a wonderful person, and I only want the best for you. It seems like only yesterday you walked into our sitting room, in tears. I...never want to see you cry again, so promise me you'll smile, ok? I-I love you." He sighed dropping his earbuds in. Next, was Reiji. 

"Alex, you kept me on my toes, that's for sure. Never did I experience a dull moment with you, and that's rare to find. I can only hope you don't leave us, and experience eternal happiness. I love you." He smiled as he plopped his teacup into the mixture. Ayato was close behind. 

"Hey pancake, you know how much trouble you are? I'm really going to miss you, you know? I think that as long as you're happy, though, I can find the strength to smile. You taught me so much, so thank you. I love you." His scarf sank slowly into the bubbling liquid. Laito gripped his fedora tightly. 

"Now, little bitch, I think that I know what love is. I always used to think that love was a myth, it was an imaginary emotion, not real. You showed me compassion, patience, kindness, understanding, and most importantly, love. When you entered our world, everything changed for the better. I want you to know how desperately I've come to adore your every presence in my life. Thank you, and I love you." He gently set his fedora in the cauldron and watched it sink with a final plop. Kanato gently held his stuffing over the brewing potion. 

"Alex, you were sweeter than the finest candy. You gave me so much and I could never even begin to thank you. You showed me there is more to life than being a monster, and for that, I owe you everything. I love you." He dropped the fluff and watched in disintegrate into the potion. Subaru held his knife tightly, still fiddling with it. 

"Alex, I never knew much compassion from somebody else, and when I received it, I promised to never let it go. I want you to know that even if I don't get chosen, I'll still love you. I-love you so much." His knife sank quickly, like his heart. Ruki followed with his paper. 

"Now, I know we originally kidnapped you, but yet you were still kind to us. This is a fact. I don't know how one person can hold so much compassion as to give people a second chance, but I'm glad you did. I will forever remember every smile, every laugh, every moment of joy you expressed in my presence. You've been such a big part in my life, and I' sure the others would agree. You....saved me. Thanks  you so much. I love you." He sighed as the page slowly floated to its doom. Yuma carefully held his items as he stepped up. 

"Even though I wasn't exactly kind to you, you saw through my outer shell, and into my heart. For that, I owe you my love. You touched me in a way I never thought possible. You taught me what love was, so, I guess....thank you. I apologize for my awkwardness, I have...a hard time expressing my feelings. Anyway, I love you." He sighed as his items plopped into the mixture. Kou held his bracelet, his favorite bracelet....

"Mneko-Chan, I would give up everything, if it meant you could smile again. I began to notice a change in mood after Ryland was born, and wondered if we upset you. I think I understand now, that you were scared and tired. You just wanted to be happy, and more than anything, we want you to be happy. Your smile is so contagious, that if we were drowning in tears, your smile would lift s up, and make us happy again. Mneko-Chan, I love you." As his bracelet sunk, the final vampire, Azusa, prepared his departing words from his precious possession. 

"Alex...I named this knife after you...because I remember the compassion you showed me...so much compassion, so much...love....You love everybody, that makes you special. You're special...to me....I....love you...." He smiled as he plunged his knife softly to its demise. 

The cauldron began to bubble violently and glow. It began changing colors, starting with black, then evolved from color to color. Orange, red, green, bright purple, white, dark purple, reddish-orange, yellow, and blue. Finally, the potion was ready. Reiji gathered it into a cup and walked over towards Alex. He sat her up and gently poured the liquid down her throat. Suddenly, Alex began to glow a bright pink, and the potion chose her match.