Where it began.

POV Angelina.
My breathing was ragged  as I sat down on a bench in the woods, near my school. Venice, my main bully, just insulted me and used me as a living punching bag.

I immediatly went here before I would trash everything in the school. That always happens when something upsets me. I don't have control over it so I fled away. But now I'm probably to weak for that.

She and her cronies busted my lip and bruised my jaw. That's not even the worst, she brought a knife. Venice cut me from my right hip up to my ribs.

My eyes were starting to get heavy and before I knew it I passed out on the bench.

**

**

**

**

"What are you planning to do with her?" A voice asked.

"Shut up you'll wake her up." Another voice chimed in.

"I think she is already awake." Someone else reasoned.

"What the hell?" I peeked through one eye. Two heads popped up above me. "Who are you guys?" I tried to sit up but a pain in my side stopped me.

"Easy there!" One of the guys gently pushed me back down.

"Who are you?" I sat up, ignoring the warning looks.

"I'm Ashton." The one that pushed me down chirped.

"Anthony." Another one saluted. "And that's Ace." He pointed his thumb at a dude who was on the couch, busy with his phone.

"I'm their guardian, Adam." A guy around his thirties informed. He walked towards me, "What's your name?"

"Angelina De Luca." I answered, still unsure where I was and why. "What am I doing here?"

"I found you passed out on a bench in the woods." Anthony explained. "I brought you here and patched you up." I glanced down at my shirt, that still had a blood stain on it. I pulled it up slightly to reveal white bandage.

"Well, thanks." I smiled and stood up. "I should leave now." I headed to the door but Ashton blocked the way. "Excuse me." I tried to go around him but he grabbed my arm.

"You're not going anywhere." He guided me back to the couch. Ashton sat down and pulled me beside him. "Tell us what happened."

"Just tripped." I lied. "And then fell onto a big sharp rock." I tried to make them believe.

"Bullshit!" Ace spoke up for the first time. "Someone obviously cut you. From your wound judging with just a random pocket knife." He stated, without even looking up from his phone.

"It was accident." I quickly recovered.

"You don't get that from an accident, trust me we know." Anthony said.

"Venice cut me okay!" I snapped.

"Who?" Anthony said the same time as Ashton said "Why?"

"Some girl at my school because she hates me." I shrugged. I got used to it.

"She alone or were there more?" Adam asked, he had been so silent. I almost forgot he was here too.

"Venice, her followers and some guys on the football team to keep me down." I answered quietly.

"Do your parents know?" Ashton asked.

"I don't have any. My mom passed away almost a year ago and my dad disappeared when I was nine." Geez, I don't even know why I was telling them all of this.

"How old are you? 19?" Anthony guessed.

"I just turned seventeen but I'm a senior. I skipped a class when I was little."

"So you've been taking care of yourself since you were 16?" Ashton asked. "Do you even have a job?"

"Yeah, and I do. I work at an animal shelter. It pays just enough, so I can manage to pay for my shitty apartment ."

"I want to make a deal." Adam suggested, taking a seat on the coffee table infront of me. "You can live here with me and these guys, we'll teach you to defend yourself."

"Sounds nice, but what do you get out of it?" I asked since there were only advantages for me.

"I always wanted a daughter and you seem pretty smart." He shrugged. "Also I like taking care of people. That's why I took them in."

"How can I be sure that I can trust you guys?" I quirked an eyebrow.

"That's your problem." Adam stood up. "I expect answer right now."

I pondered a bit. Well, I got nothing to lose. "I'll do it." My quick answer made his eyebrows shot up in suprise.

"Awesome! You can go to your apartment to get your stuff with Anthony. Right now." Adam was really excited, it was funny to see a grown up man like that.

Comment your thoughts ;) please don't be a silent reader <3