Prologue

February 13, present

Melissa

They told me the Demon was dead. 

They told me that my brother send him to hell. 

But they were lying. They're all lying to me. 

Because he was still alive. He still existed. Everywhere. Every corner. 

When I close my eyes, I see his face. When I open my eyes, I see his face. Day in and day out, I still remember him. He had damaged me in the most brutal way. Weather it was my heart, soul or body. A shiver of disgust never failed to appear when I remembered how he took me against my will. Over and over again. The way his laugh echoed through the walls. The way he spit on my body when I vomit out all the disgust I felt. 

His voice left a print inside my head. His hands left prints on my body. 

He has invaded every piece of me. 

Just like he wanted to. 

The worst part was when I drifted away in my dreams. That is when he was real. That is when my dream turned into a nightmare. That is when his touches and his voice made me wake up with sweat covering my forehead,  and all over my body. 

And today was no different. 

A loud gasp escaped my lips as my eyes snapped open. My breathing was heavy, my heart was beating fast and strong making me believe it would rip out from my rib cage any minute. Sweat has already formed around my forehead, making stand of my hair glued against my skin. 

My temperature was high. Too high. And I needed air, fresh and cold air. 

I hissed when I could still hear the Demon's voice inside my head, like I was still in the dream even thought I was wide awake. 

Little niece. 

I pulled myself up from my bed, tossing the sheet away as I stood up. I clenched my fits when his voice still wouldn't leave me. 

Little niece.

A wave of disgust washed over me when the image of his wide smile that showed his broken and yellow teeth enveloped my mind. I closed my eyes tightly as my hands pushed my sweaty hair away from my face. 

Take a deep breath, Melissa.

And let it out slowly.

With clenched hands I made my way to my balcony. Cold air against my hot skin was the only thing I needed. I opened the balcony's double doors and stepped into the chill winter. My bare feet felt cold against the cool ground as I went further out until my hands was holding the railing. I snapped my eyes close and breathed in the air, letting every air reach my lungs before I breathed out. The cool wind brushed my long, thick and straight hair back as a shiver formed against my skin. 

It was past midnight, the moon was set high in the sky among all the stars. And for the first time I let myself feel, and admire the dark sky in front of me. The view was breathtaking and beautiful. Peaceful. Just the things I wished I was, but wasn't. The Demon has made me feel ugly and disgusting. Used. 

I bit my lip as tears welled up my eyes. 

The nightgown I was wearing suddenly made me realize how cold I was. I began to wrap my arms around my body when suddenly I felt a piece of cloth being placed over my shoulder as it covered my naked arms from the cold. I looked down in surprise and saw a black suite jacket.