Chapter Three

Thank you so much for the beautiful poster, @Aya--98! I freaking LOVE it!

April 1, present

Melissa

I heard as the clock keeps ticking away, every minute made my blush even more heated as I sat by my window, the bright sun warming my skin. I bit my lip from smiling and jumped when the door handle finally moved. Quickly I turned my back to it and looked at the view in front of me.

"Mel, look I made pancakes, they are so f*cking cute!"

I couldn't help the smile that lit across my lips. I whirled around only to see Blake holding a tray with two plates placed on it. On each plate there was a pile of American pancakes with syrup running smoothly and deliciously down. Raspberry of the color blue and red were placed skillfully around the pancakes along with some strawberries, and to finish everything of he had placed one single strawberry on the top. I was impressed. This was too good to be true.

"You made pancakes?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

Blake rolled his eyes. "Yes, I made pancakes. And no, no one helped me."

I bit my lip as I looked him over, trying to witness if he was telling me truth or complete lie but as I cut a glance on his face I saw white powder just beneath his hairline. Without even thinking of my action I began walking to him until I stood right in front of him. Because he was extremely tall man, I had to stand on my tip toes to reach his forehead. With a smile I gently stroke away the white flour.

"There you go." I smiled after making sure that I got rid of the white power on his forehead. I looked down to his brown iris as my lips began to move in attempt to continue speaking but only for me to stiffen in place. My fingers lowered down his face, touching the harsh stubble as it lowered and I found myself gulping softly when his strong jaw clenched under my touch. It moved in the most attractive way which only made my whole world spin around. I always admired his strong jawline, I always wondered how it would feel to run my fingers through it, to kiss it....

And then he took a step back. Breaking the unwanted spell. Well, unwanted for his part.

I dropped my hand and took a step back as I swallowed the lump on my throat. Stop it. Spot it. Spot it. Just stop it. Just forget it. Forget your feelings for him. Stop showing him this side of you. It was obvious that he didn't want that kind of relationship with me and I needed to accept that. After all, I wanted to be close to him even thought he saw me just like his little sister. It would hurt me no doubt but I was willingly to put myself through that hurt. Eventually I needed to get used to it. Blake won't stay alone forever. I was sure that he would meet a beautiful woman, a woman whom he will love deeply and treat her like his precious princess. A woman that would make him smile and laugh. A woman that would bare his children. Eventually he'll build a family of his own and I would be forgotten. I would be in the shadows watching him being in love with another woman. Watching his happiness blooming as mine would slowly drown into nothing.

Nevertheless, I'll be happy for him. Because at the end of the day......he would be happy.

Now? I'll just cherish every small moments we have together.

Blake coughed and smiled, what just happened few seconds ago was forgotten. Just like the kiss and just like the touch against his skin.....it was forgotten. It'll always be forgotten. And never repeated.

"Now, " he began as he walked towards my sofa and made himself comfortable on it as he set the tray in front of him. "I know my pancakes looks unbelievably phenomenal but I don't know how they taste yet."