Chapter Two

A very beautiful and thoughtful poster by @my_salvatore. I'm in love with it!

February 20, present

Melissa

"I'm sorry about before, Melissa." Layla finally said after a long pause. We were sitting in my room, in front of the TV watching 'New Girl''. 

"What?" I asked taking my eyes away from the screen to look at my best friend. 

"You know, about Matthew. I didn't thought you would have that reaction when you saw him." 

I chewed my bottom lip as I remember the child, feeling as guilt slowly consumed me. "I scared him, didn't I? I heard him cry." 

She gave me a grin. "Don't worry, just tickle him and you be one of his favorite people." 

I smiled. "I want to see him again." 

"We can do that later but now," she said suddenly a smirk was laced in her cherry red lips as her body was now fully turned to mine. "I want to know what is going on between you and Blake?" 

Blake? Blake. 

I could feel my face heating up as I tried to hide it by looking back at the TV as I mumbled. "What are you talking about?" 

From the corner of my eye I saw her rolling her eyes as she switched the TV off making me sigh. "I'm talking about the fact that Blake couldn't take his eyes of off you though out the dinner. Seriously, you should have seen him, there was something different." 

My eyes snapped to hers. "Different?" 

"Yes!" she said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "I noticed it while you were completely oblivious to it. It wasn't the look that said 'I want to f*ck you right here and right now' but it was more like, "Layla chewed her lip as she thought about her next words before she spoke. "....it was more like 'I want to kiss you hard and deep until you forget your pain in my embrace' kind of look. Melissa, is there something I don't know?" 

Suddenly my vision blurred, seeing the memory of the day I have given him my first kiss. An innocent kiss that was act of anger and jealousy. A kiss he never returned. A kiss that made him look at me in disgust. I was disgusting. 

"I kissed him." I found myself blurting out. 

"What? When? How?" 

I pulled a stand of my hair behind my ear as I shrugged, feeling as sadness broke my heart. "Before that happened. But he didn't respond. He...he didn't like it, Layla. It was a mistake and now I can't even look at him anymore." 

"But he wants you to look at him. I can f*cking see it. A blind person can see it for f*ck sake." Layla reasoned with me. 

"He told me something," I whispered after a pause. A soft colored blush tingled on my face as I said the exact words Blake had told me, wanting to know what they exactly could mean. "....he told me 'my touch will feel like a feather against your skin'. If only I let him touch me, that is. What do you think he meant?" 

"A feather?" Layla grimaced, like a feather was the most ridiculous thing in her crazy world but in mine it sounded almost.....romantic. Layla shook her head before looking at me. "Well, if that was his exact words....it sounds like he doesn't want to touch you as a brother but as.....what is the innocent word now again? Emm.....lover!" 

A bolt of excitement increased throughout my body making my blood warm as I whispered. "As in romantic way?" 

"F*ck yes!" she yelped, before she smiled sweetly to me. "Melissa, do you realize that he's the only man that has touched you without causing you fear or..."