Chapter Six

April 12, present

Melissa

As Blake drove I took the advantage and stared out of the window observing the light of the world. It has been long time since I've been outside the Estate. I missed every small detail, small details I took for granted. A quite sigh escaped from my lips as I laid my head back and smiled as we drove passed the many green trees. 

I blinked when I felt feather like fingers tracing my hand. I looked down on my lap and saw Blake's delicate fingers ever so slowly lacing with mine. My heart skipped a beat as my eyes slowly went up to see his reflection, a smile was tugged on his perfectly shaped lips while he was staring straight ahead. I gulped when he brought our combined hands to lay on his thigh. 

It was the most perfect thing I have ever seen. Our joined hand, laced together like two magnets being attached together refusing to let go. 

My smile widen and for the rest of the ride we were surrounded with a comfortable silent. I didn't ask him where we were going, instead I held my lips sealed and enjoyed the warmth that was coming from our enormous but magical bond. My lips were still tingling from his kiss. From our kiss. A kiss that had made me forget my own name. A kiss that kept the rosy blush appear on my face whenever my mind lingered to every small detail of his touch on my body. How he held me with confidence and almost with.......dominance

Will he kiss me again? Will he embrace me again in his arms? 

What was going on in that head of his? 

A part of me wanted to ask him while the other part of me didn't want the ruin the fantasy of mine. I was afraid of getting disappointed. I was afraid of getting my hopes so high in the sky that they all would fall apart the minute he would utter words that could break my heart all over again. I didn't want that. Perhaps later. Perhaps I'll ask him later.

***

"Blake." I gasped. 

"Here you go, beautiful." Blake mumbled from behind me, bringing my old skates in front of me. A shiver ran through my body as he whispered against my ear, his minty breath fanning my skin. "Ice skate for me, Mel. Show me your freedom." 

With an exciting smile and warm sensation running through my veins I grabbed my white skates and made my way to the bench on the side and began to get ready. We were indoors, the wide ice skating area was empty. It was only Blake and me. Alone. We had the place all to ourselves. 

It has been years since I've ice skated and I missed it. Terribly much. I loved the freedom of gliding across the ice rink. It was just me and the ice, no thoughts attached only emotions. But these thoughts and my love for ice skating developed as I continued with it. I hated it at first, finding it hard to learn the moves. The only main reason why I started was to make my father notice me. Even thought I found it hard at the beginning I still worked hard on my skills. Eventually they had organized competitions for us. I attended in three competitions. And I came in first place in all of them. 

But on each competition my father never showed up. He never watched me preform and he never came to watch me win.

I would get my hopes up only to be disappointed when I didn't see him in the audience along with Liam and Blake. He never showed up. But I still tried the second time. And then the third time. And then I stopped. I gave up, so I did other things to get his attention to me which also never worked. 

It never worked because he didn't care, I told myself. He didn't care about a silly girl like me. I was just a reminder of his hatred and pain.