Chapter Five

A beautiful and memorizing poster by the one and only Lubna Fatima @Lubnafatima02. You already know that I love it! *wink* 

April 12, present

Melissa

I opened my eyes to yet another new day. A small smile rested upon my lips when I realized that I didn't wake up with a hammering heart nor with sweat. I didn't hear the two mocking and disgusting words in my head, a voice that belonged to a venom looking Demon....Instead I was floating free. My mind was free. And I knew exactly why.

Blake. Always Blake.

Lately he has been around me each day, all day long never leaving my side. I didn't complain. Secretly, I could smell his masculine cologne on my own clothes, on my skin, it always left me with a smile before I close my eyes and go to a deep sleep. His smell around me gave me a sense of protection, it made me feel like he was here beside me, sleeping with me in my bed holding my body against his rigid chest. And for now, I couldn't be more happier.

It was more than enough to satisfy my heart.

I stretched my arms out before taking a look at the small alarm clock on my nightstand. One hour until Blake would come in. With a rosy blush resting upon my cheeks I got up and headed towards the bathroom to take a quick shower. I stripped down until I was naked avoiding looking at my own reflection on the mirror and stood under the shower head as the warm heated water ran down my body.

By the time I finished, the bathroom has turned foggy, the amazing scent of vanilla enveloped every part of it. I wrapped the fluffy white towel around my body and stepped outside.

I managed to take five steps out before my bedroom door suddenly was pulled open ajar. I jumped, holding my towel around my body tighter as my eyes rested on Blake. He was dressed differently. The usual black suite was replaced with a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt that did an amazing job to define his every rigid muscle. I could see his arm veins popping out as he clenched his hand around the door handle, his brown eyes never leaving one part of my body. His amazing jawline clenching and unclenching.

I gulped nervously. My towel was short, so short it only reached just under my rear. I saw as his eyes warmed every part of me as they swiped from my toes and up, up, up and up until he ignited fire within me and finally glanced into my eyes.

I thought he would walk out, apologizing as he did so like a true gentleman but instead he surprised me by closing the door silently. He didn't walk away nor did he ever lose our eye contact. He was holding me captive as he took slow and steady steps towards me. My heart has never beaten so hard as it did now. My breath has never felt so heavy until now. I could feel my knee weaken as he took each step towards me.

I should be scared, frightened even. After all, I was standing in nothing but my towel wrapped around my naked body, while a man walked towards me, seductively. Under different circumstances, say if it was another man, I would be screaming and calling for help. I would be shaken to my core.

But it was Blake.

There was no fear. There was no panic attack. There was no screaming.

But there was a crimson color on my face, a warm sensation warming my core and a shiver that ran through my body as my lips parted when he stood right in front of me. He took another confident step making me step back. Another step. And another. And another. And suddenly my back hit the wall beside the bathroom door.

His tall frame was shadowing mine, I could feel the tip of his shoes against my bare toes. His masculine chest was a few tiny inches from touching mine. I had to arch my neck back to see his face. We breathed together. The scent of his rich cologne reached my scent of vanilla and together they combined and flew together around us in the air, and we were suddenly in our own little bubble. A bubble of quietness, where it was only me and him.