Bonus Chapter

Happy reading! :)

I laid awake, inhaling and exhaling softly as I felt the growing pain slowly crawling over my whole heart. It wasn't because of the nightmares. It was much worse than that. The bedroom was quite in the silent night. The double glass windows in front of me showed the moonlight that beautify illuminated a path inside the room. I sighed and closed my eyes, hoping to find numbness. But I couldn't ignore the empty side of the bed next to me. It was cold and untouched. It made me feel cold and untouched.

I should get used to it. Especially since it has been empty for ten days. Ten painful and complicated nights.

This time I couldn't blame it on Liam. For the past few weeks Liam hadn't requested Blake to handle any business outside the country, which had warmed my heart knowing that I would be in Blake's protective embrace every night. Sleeping calmly beside him, and him beside me.

But...something has changed.

I've noticed it by his glance, his behavior and the awful time he spends outdoors. I don't see him in the mornings anymore, he no longer shows up at breakfast nor dinner. Sometimes he didn't come home at all. We haven't even shared a decant conversation together.

He hasn't even kissed me.

Or made love to me.

He...he wasn't my Blake anymore.

I want to believe that he's dealing with mafia conflicts. I had said the same thing every time a frightening thought had pulled me into darkness. I trusted him. But that trust has been slowly draining every time I catch a smell of a feminine perfume on his dress shirt.

My closing eyes didn't help the tears to stay in place, instead I felt them sliding down my face and on the white pillow.

Just another alone night by myself.

***

I stirred but kept my breathing in bay. There were movements in the bedroom. His silent movements. My body knew his presence and it automatically warmed. The coldness I had been feeling was slowly disappearing from my system.

Although my heart was beating fast, I still felt the pain in every thump. The feeling of being untouched made my skin crawl in numbness.

I waited. I waited for anything. A simple touch. A word. A kiss. A soft breath against my ear...anything.

But I heard nothing but him escaping inside the bathroom and hearing the shower running a couple minutes after. My hands around the sheet tightened painfully as I swallowed the lump on my throat. Was he washing of another female's scent, touch and kisses? A raw anger arose within me along with bitter jealousy. He couldn't....

I gulped. Did he perhaps regret ever getting involved with me? Was he finally waking up from a coma and realizing his mistake? Did Blake no longer want me? Was I only a broken human for him....

No.

I snapped my eyes open. Don't jump into conclusion, Melissa.

Blake wouldn't do that. He wouldn't do that to me or to us. There was an unbreakable bond between us, one that we have built together with our shared thoughts, touches and kisses. He had fought hard to break down my walls, and I have fought strongly to make him see me. A woman and not his little sister that he had always believed. We have created us, and no one could separate us.

When I heard the bathroom door open I encouraged myself to sit up. Blake had a white towel wrapped around his waist. The moonlight showed the droplets that was falling down over his rough and rigid muscles. The shadows between every defined abs made my mouth slightly water. A growing tingle build between my legs and the way his intense brown eyes watched made me feel like he knew what he was doing inside my body. But he didn't act upon it like he would usually do.