Chapter One

February 20, present

Melissa 

I wrapped my towel around my body as I used the other one to dry my damp hair. These couple of weeks, I have successfully showered on my own without any help from Layla nor her mother Rosabella. I ate on my own, not much though. Because  sometimes I would end up throwing up in the middle of the night after another nightmare. The more I eat, the more I vomit. The less I eat, the less I vomit. It wasn't healthy. I knew that form the shape of my body. 

But it was out of my control. 

I sighed and dried myself before slipping into a pair of jeans and a shirt. The whole time I avoided looking at the mirror, not wanting to look at my body that once was pure and innocent. Now it had turned into the most disgusting part of me. My body was used brutally with no sign of mercy. The Demon took away my firsts. I wanted to give them to someone special but he ruined that for me. 

He ruined that. 

Shaking the hurtful thoughts away I brushed my hair with a comb before exiting the bathroom only to see Layla on my bed with a baby on her side. She was laying sideways as the baby rested beside her. She tickled his stomach with a smile on her lips, as the baby let out soft noises, his hands kicking out in excitement. They didn't seem to notice me as they were occupied with each other. What seemed like ten million years, Layla's green eyes finally settle on mine. 

"Look Mat, here's your second aunt. And yes, you may call her aunt but not me, deal?"

Aunt? 

And then it struck me. I have been surrounded in my own dark shadows for months that I forgot that Vanessa and Liam had expected a child. A child that was already born. I gulped and walked forward until I was kneeling beside my bed, beside the small child's side. He was one little excited creature and not to mention stubborn to. He kept kicking his legs and hands out before trying to roll over only to fall back. A chuckle left my lips as his eyes suddenly turned to me. 

And that was when I froze. 

I had expected to see my brother's grey eyes or Vanessa's green eyes. 

But never did I imagine to see a pair of brown eyes. 

Brown eyes that belonged to a Demon. 

I was seeing the Demon's brown eyes in front of me.  

Hunting me. Torturing me. Killing me. 

I stumbled back as a high scream escaped my lips. It caused the little baby pout until he eventually began crying as Layla was trying to calm him down while looking at me in shock. 

Suddenly I was no longer in my bedroom. Those dark brown eyes made me go back to the hell hole I was living in. Crumbled in the floor. Naked and bruised. My body freezing and hurting. Shaking. 

Little, niece.  

The Demon's voice echoed through the walls as I felt his shadow above me.

Little, niece.

My whole body vibrated with fear as I felt him circling my body as he kept calling for the nickname he has given me. I shut my eyes tightly, wanting nothing else but to shut down his voice and escape this place. 

Mel......Mel......Mel.....

The voice of a soft feather suddenly echoed inside of me tuning down the Demon's voice. It defeated the Demon's voice, crushing it down. The soft voice reached every part of me making a wave of warmth spread over my cold body. I felt myself calming down from the uncontrollable shaking and I slowly felt myself flooding back to a warm place. The more I calmed down the more I felt soft touches against my body. I felt a pair of strong arms being wrapped around me, as my ear was hearing a fast yet hard heartbeat that wasn't my own. And I felt myself loving the sound it made. Like a peaceful melody.