Chapter 1 (Americas POV)

Okay so hey guys I'm totally in LOVE with the book, The Selection by Keira Cass. If you haven't read it yet I encourage you to, you will be fan girling non stop! I can't wait until the third book The One comes out! (May 6th 2014) okay so until them I'm going to mix up a little of the story.... Okay I lied a lot... I'm starting with the report where they draw out the selected 35. I hope you enjoy!!! This first chapter will be very similar to the book though... just for you to get a feel for it.. And I was inspired by Thedivergentwriter to let you readers pick the persons POV for each chapter! Lets try that out and see how it goes! So please post in the comments who's POV I should do next!thanks for reading! hope you enjoy!

-freckled my face

--------------------------------------------

(America's POV)

Chapter 1

I sat down in the family room on the floor and let out a sigh. My family is to eager for this. I thought. I looked up and saw May in front of me bouncing on the balls of her feet.

"What?"I asked irritated.

She smiled "Um... I was just wondering... When you marry the prince will I be your maid of honor? Because if I am I want to wear a really big pink dress like the ones that the twos wear!" she asked really to excitedly for my taste.

I looked up at her. I looked past her head and at the time. Still 20 minutes till they even draw the selected. I looked at May her red hair bouncing up and down eagerly. I let out a sigh. "Im not saying no, but they haven't even draw out who gets to go yet, and if I even get picked, which is impossible, how do I know it would be me to marry the prince? And I'm a five I'm sure he'll go for a two or a three instead, and I'm not even pretty." I stated more annoyed before. my mom walked in, "Nonsense! You are beautiful! The prince will LOVE you, our so talented, you sing, you play instruments and you know 3 languages." She said sitting down with the popcorn. I sighed and got up walking toward my room. I looked out the window at the tree house in our backyard. I was looking for him.

I was ready to burst out in tears for the past few days, he dumped me, and I thought he was proposing, we had been together for over 2 years now! I looked out at the moon which was full and bright it's peace attitude mocked me. I have been on end for weeks. Then I was encouraged by him to put my name in the selection, cause honestly I didn't give a crap for the prince. In fact I hated his guts and I haven't even met him yet, all the more reasons to hate him. But I wanted him back even if he broke my heart. I wanted Aspen.

Aspen and I were best friends as children we would play together and hang out all the time, one day when I was around 14 he asked me out and we had been dating in secret ever since. a tear slowly made its way down my cheek, then another and another, suddenly tears were spilling over and I didn't stop them, not this time. I cried and cried, I looked over to my bed and saw the jar of pennies, he had given me pennies each time I sang for him and I kept them as a reminder that he was mine and I was his.

I felt so enraged I walked over to the jar and smashed it on the floor, pennies and glass shattered and spun all over my floor. I looked up, my door was closed and no one heard the smashing of glass on the ground. I sat down on my floor and cried. I was never going to stop loving him.

I walked back into the family room wiping any tears that may have been still left in my eyes. They didn't even know I had a boyfriend. I kept! it well hidden from them, if they knew I dated Aspen a six they would kill me. U sat on the floor again the report was starting. The king appeared on the screen. "It ris time! To pick the 35 lucky girls who will be brought to the palace to compete for the crown!"The prince sat behind the king he looked nervous. his honey hair was a little messy and his blue eyes full of worry. I laughed. out loud, oops I thought, but my parents just gave me a look and moved on. No scolding? wow they must really be in a good mood.

The report went on and on and finally they went to draw out the names. finally this can be over and done with and I can get my family off my back! I thought. they drew out the first name, Kriss from 3, Celeste from 2, Marlee from 4, America from 5... The room burst into screams and Hollers as my picture appeared on the television, "America! Your in you made it into the selection my mother screamed joyfully while may jumped up and down squealing like a pig, my dad had a smile plastered on his face and my brother Gerald made a sick face. I starred back at the tv. No frickin way. No way is that possible. I felt my body unclench as a single tear ride down my cheek and I kissed my dreams goodbye.

Sorry this chapter was short I just needed you to get the feel of things, tell me your thoughts. my family suggested Aspens POV next so I will do that, you guys can tell me who's from there! thanks and keep reading! I love you guys!