Chapter 25 (America's POV)

Hey people! how's it going, Thank you to all my new followers! I didn't think I was that good of a writer... But apparently I'm decent!!!

Chapter 25

(America's POV)

Maxon came out of nowhere, and started rubbing my shoulder as I held back tears that stung in my eyes. Why was Aspen taunting me like that! Aspen had  came up to me and grabbed me intensely he hurt my thigh a lot he push me a little and he got a little abusive. What was wrong with him?! Something must have gone wrong when I was gone, I couldn't help it, tears spilled over my eyes, I looked at Maxon Before he could see me crying I wiped them away.

I knew what I had to do, "Maxon?" I asked, he looked at me, we held eye contact, "I want to leave." I said he looked shocked but I looked away as fast as I could from his sad eyes. I had my reasons though. He looked at me. he touched my chin and pulled my face to meet his. I saw his eyes, that always made me melt, I felt my stomach flip. "America, please don't leave we need you here... I need you here." He said. Then he cupped my cheek and brought my lips to meet his. I felt my hands instinctively wrap around the back of his neck and pull myself closer. 

A sharp pain in my thigh brought me back to reality.  I pulled away slowly, "Maxon, I'm sorry..." I said then slowly used the objects around me to help me stand up. Maxon helped me a lot, I felt bad leaving him after he poured out his heart to me and I broke it...I was awful... "America please..." he said I looked at the ground, he grabbed my chin to make me look at him, "Fine, you can leave, only if you tell me why." He said. I sucked in a breathe, I couldn't tell him why.

Even if I had multiple reasons, If I left Celeste will stop threating my families life, and I wont have to put up with her anymore, and I wouldn't have to have the responsibility of being princess, also I came here to get AWAY from Aspen, then there was all the danger I had been through with the rebels, I was nearly exploded to bits, kidnapped, and shot, but he knew about the final three and I hadn't come off as a weak person so he'd now that wasn't the real reason I had to leave, but all the other reason would put my family in danger, and Aspens family would los money and starve again because they'd fire him.

I couldn't bring myself to say anything, I couldn't tell him why and the longer Id stay here the more danger Id bring, I wonder if he was this hard on Celia when she wanted to leave... I let out a sigh and grabbed my crutches the nurse said I should be off of them in less than a week because I need to learn to walk with a little more pressure on my leg... I'm seriously questioning her medical degree.

Maxon began to grin, "Your probably just tired please America go to sleep." I remembered the last time he said that was the night  I was abducted, I started to shiver and his eyes grew big because he remembered why I was shivering out of fear. He looked down at the ground, "Sorry, I didn't mean to bring back any bad memories, I'm sorry." He looked up to meet my gaze.

I had to leave but he didn't know why, and he'd never find out why. Because if you put my sisters life on the line theres NOTHING I wouldn't do to save her. I didn't know what to do. How could I say I wanted to go home without him arguing it! It was annoying! Why did he care so much!!! Then I remembered something...

"Maxon? Remember when you said you'd never let a girl here stay against their will?" I asked, he tensed. He knew I was right, his gaze grew more intense, I had to look away, "America, I don't want to hold you here against your will, but I also don't want you to leave even more. And you didn't answer why, do you even have a reason!" He said sounding supportive but angry. I sighed, "DONT YOU GE IT MAXON!!!!!!!!" I yelled, "I WOULD TELL YOU IF I COULD BUT MY SISTERS LIFE DEPENDS ON ME KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT!"

When I screamed that I immediately clamped my hand over my mouth. What had I done, I knew what he was about to say next then what his action would be to protect her, but I needed to go because it wasn't just that Celeste was putting me in danger. He starred at me, "What, who's putting your family in danger? America please look at me, did something else happen when you were with the rebels, America, please please look me in the eye." I turned to face him, I was crying.

He stroked my cheek. I sighed, "Maxon if I could tell you  would."  I stood up and started moving toward the exit of the garden, my back was to him but it was like I could see his expression because of the worry in his voice. I stopped in place and turned slowly to face him. "Home."

Okay so this was  somewhat short chapter... Please like always vote for a POV and vote if you liked in don't vote if you didn't, comment, and react!