Chapter 28 (Maxon's POV)

I hope I made up for not updating for a while from the last chapter... I’m sorry I feel so bad, I hadn't realized it had been so LONG!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 28

(Maxon's POV)

I stare at America in shock at what I just saw, I thought I had heard her scream and I didn't expect her to be dangling off the balcony! I thought she had her crutches! She looked as if she didn't want to move at all, "I can explain please!" I nodded, I needed an explanation as to why she fell. She looked up to her room, I was tempted to look but thought it would be better if I didn't.

She looked at the ground, she was worried about something, I glanced up out of the corner of my eye. I saw a figure to tall to be one of her maids. I glance back at her thinking she might have noticed I saw someone in her room. Who could be so bad she'd jump off a balcony to get away from... OH...My mind raced, I thought  I knew all my guards so well, wasn't he supposed to be watching the west gate! No!

I looked at America, then walked by her, she was still staring at the ground, probably trying to think of a way to make this sound less worse than it really was. She looked up and faced me, "Maxon? Where are you going?" She asked, I looked back at her, I tried to smile, "Just inside, I will be back in a little bit you should sit and rest." I didn't want her to know, I had to confront Aspen and ask him why he wasn't at the west gate guarding against the rebels, he just put all of our lives in danger!

I walked inside and he was heading down the stairs at a rapid pace. He saw me headed toward him and he slowed his pace, "Prince Maxon, I saw a girl fall out of the balcony, I was going to check on her." He said I grabbed his arm, "She’s fine," I said more harshly than I meant it, "And please save the crap, I know who you are, and I know where you’re supposed to be, you are supposed to be working your shift at the west gate, the rebels could be coming right now! And they can come in without any trouble!" I paused, wait... Maybe Celeste was wrong I might have been keeping a close eye on Marlee lately but I should have been watching Aspen! He must have been the one letting the rebels in!

I stared wide eyed at him, how could I have been so stupid! He bowed, "sorry sir I must have forgotten, and how do you know who I am?"  He asked. I was about to respond but then the alarm went off. I was about to instinctively run to the cellar but something was stopping me. I froze Aspen and I exchanged glances.

America.

We started to run down the stairs, I needed to get to her. He couldn't give her to the rebels again! My pace quickened, aspen spoke to me I could barely hear him over the alarm. "Your majesty get to the cellar." I answered back I was so filled with rage. "Not over my dead body." I raced down the rest of the stairs. I ran out into the garden, I saw America, her eyes filled with fear. She was frozen in place, terrified. She shrank down to the ground pressing herself closer against the base of the flower bed. She was afraid to be seen maybe. I ran out to her, we probably had a good minute to get out of the garden before they showed up.

I ran up to her, "America we gotta get to the cellar. Now come on!" I yelled. I grabbed her wrist to help her up. Then I let go of it she had a look of pain on her face when I grabbed it. "What’s wrong?" I asked her. She shook her head. "I think I dislocated my wrist." She moaned. I helped her up.

We gotta find some place to hide. I scanned the bricks, my mother taught me of hidden underground safety rooms I pressed my hand to each brick in a panicked hurry. Until one of them slowly slid in. a tunnel appeared. I heard the voices coming I started to run to the room I looked over my shoulder, America wasn't moving. I ran back to her. "Why aren't you coming?" She put her hands to her forehead. "Don't you see I can't!" she said, tears came rolling down her cheeks.

I heard the rebels yelling come closer! I scoped her up in my arms, and ran I had to run around one more corner, then I heard one last thing from the rebels, "Their right here I found them!" they yelled. I looked back and there was a rebel motioning to the rest to head over to us.

No this wasn't happening!

Hope you enjoyed please recommend a POV!!! Thanks!