Chapter 6 (americas POV)

Hey guys thanks for the 56 reads sorry I am still working on figuring out tags... Any way... Thank you to Katie_Kat10 for recommending America's POV... Hope you enjoy!

Chapter 6

(America POV)

I was sitting in the palace garden at night and Maxon was leaving FINALLY! Then he turned around. Oh god just leave already! I thought. He had a lopsided smile on, "Can I still call you my dear?" He asked. I laughed, then looked him sternly in the eye. "No." I said. He laughed then left. I let out a sigh. Finally alone... I took a deep breathe in the sweet smell of the flowers filled the air...

I walked inside 5 minutes later, and up the stairs. I walked into my room where my maids were waiting for me. I barely remembered their names, Lucy, Anne,and Mary, but I forgot about them! I thought I'd be alone, but I was wrong. When I entered the room they looked me up and down and didn't question the dirt that covered my satin night gown.

They just washed me off and helped get the dirt out. I slipped back into my night gown and got into the bed. Just then a weird sound of an alarm went off. What's going on? I looked to my maids, Mary screamed, Lucy froze up and started crying and Anne was soothing both of them.

"Lady America! You must go!!" She screamed over the alarm. They lead me out the door and down the hall and pointed to an empty wall where a bookshelf had been slid out of place and a tunnel behind it shown. I raced toward the tunnel, I could hear all the other girls down there. Then I heard a scream, one that was all to familiar.

Celia.

I stopped, feet away from safety, and turned around I knew where Celia's room was! I raced quickly down the hall my bare feet slapping down on the cold marble slabs.

Slap slap.

Slap slap.

Slap slap.

Slap slap.

Slap slap.

Slap slap.

Slap slap.

I turned the corner and immediately wished I didn't. There was a guard at Celia's door slamming his body against it. The palace was being Invaded! I heard about these attacks. My stomach did a flip,and this guard didn't belong to the palace, I realized right away. I started to slowly back up and I hit a table with a vase behind me, the vase wobbled and fell smashing to the ground. The guard stopped banging against Celia's door and turned to face me he wore a murdurous smile.

He took a step toward me. I screamed to Celia, "Celia Run!" My voice echoed. Then I turned and bolted down the hall and the guard ran after. I silently heard Celia's door open and I heard her run... I ran around the corner and I had no clue where I was going or if the hallway would come to an end anytime soon. I prayed silently it wouldn't. I turned corner after corner trying to ditch the guard, I was fast and I loved to run but right now my feet felt as if they were bleeding. I used all my strength to keep my balance and my knees from buckling. I was gasping for air.

The guard was gaining I had to do something... Anything! I raced around the corner and pressed myself against the wall and stuck my foot out. He fell over my foot with a thump. He swore. I turned the other way and ran I ran faster than ever thought I could. I raced around corner after corner until I got to a dead end I turned and saw the soldier feet away from me. He laughed. He swung his fist at me and I ducked. I raced past him.

I ran down hallway after hallway again, it was like a never ending maze. I prayed Celia was okay. I turned around to see the soldier still on my tail. I ran down the hallway and down the stairs,maybe I could shake him off at the stairs, I thought. I ran down stair after stair, almost forgetting to breathe. I ran around a corner and looked back at the soldier who was now a distant 20 feet behind me. I looked forward and the my world was spinning. I slipped on a corner if the rug that was beautifully placed in the center of the room. Beautiful but deadly.

I quickly sat up and tried to run but there was a stinging pain in my ankle. I probably sprained it, But I quickly let the adrenaline do it's work. I kept running as the pain numbed itself. I ran and ran until I hit a dead end again. I spun around and the guard was already on me. He took the end of his gun and hit me in the right side of my temple, I let out a scream, then everything went black...

Hahaha!!!!!!! Cliffhanger! You don't know what happened to Celia or America!! Dun dun dun... Sorry about the short chapter though... Please recommend a POV to use next and vote! And comment on what you think so far! Thanks I love you guys! Read on!

-Freckledmyface