Chapter 20 (maxons POV)

Okay so America was shot... um not much else to say but read....

Chapter 20

(Maxon POV)

I was trudging down the halls wondering if I'd ever see America again, then I heard the search party come in screaming for help, my mind raced, this cant be good. I ran down the stairs and made my way threw a crowd of people, I caught a glimpse of red hair and I raced to the end of the crowd of people so I could see her better.

All at once my heart felt as if it was hacked to pieces, my eyes watered up as I saw America come in on a stretcher, with blood stains on her blue sundress. I was hoping she was okay when deep down I knew she wasnt. I placed the blame upon myself for not staying with her that night to ensure her safety... It's just, rebels have never attack at times that close together before. I was an idiot. America eyes danced through the crowd scanning everyone's eyes until they landed in mine, then she blacked out, I wanted to follow her into the room but the nurses wouldn't allow it.

Then Celia came up to me her cheeks wet with tears she shook her head, "Im sorry this is all my fault. I should have just left, when I had the chance, I knew I was just going to be nothing but trouble. I will go pack my bags and leave right away" I held in a breathe as she wiped the tears off her face. I was still confused ,I didn't know what happened to America. Celia started to walk down the hall and I placed a hand on her shoulder, "Lets go in the dining hall real quick before you leave, you are probably starving and you can tell me what happened." I said, she nodded.

I lead her into the dining hall where we sat down, I realized just then that, like them, I hadn't eaten either. I had been to worried about everything in general. She gulped down all the food within minutes, as did I. Then she let out a sigh, "well where should I start the story?" she asked. I shrugged, "wherever it would start and still make sense at the end." I said.

She nodded, "So when America showed up then? Okay so, I was just taken hostage by the rebels, they had beaten me just for fun then thrown me in a tiny cage in the corner of the room. I curled up in a ball in the corner to protect myself, when I heard her voice, at first I thought I lost it but when I turned around she was in the cage with me, she reassured me everything would be alright. But the rebels stayed around for a long time, drinking,smoking, playing cards... It seemed like they'd never leave but then... They did but they turned on the security system so we couldn't get out, there was an alarm set to go off thirty seconds after the door opens or closes, there were lasers, and the bars on the cage had been electrified, America spotted my Bobbie pin in my hair and after about a half hour of trying she picked the lock to the cage, then she encouraged me to get through the rest of the lasers, we did then we raced out the door and made a run for it..." she took a long pause as if replaying the memory in her head.

I filled in the silence, "How did you know what direction to go in?" I asked. She laughed remembering how, "Well we were both brought in with bags over our heads so we couldn't see the direction, but America slipped off her bracelet and we found it in around 30 seconds which was right when the alarm went off, she didn't get her bracelet back though... It was very important to her too... But we used that to locate directions." I nodded. America was very intelligent, "So do you remember how she got bloody?"

Celia nodded, "Yes, we ran deeper into the forest and we finally after about and hour and a half of running we decided to take a break cause you know it hurts a lot to run about 9 miles in Heels. Anyway, we rested for roughly 30 minutes before... the rebels came again... They found us, and they were about to take us back when America gave me time to get away cause they hadn't seen me yet, just her, she hit the guy with her shoe... I think she gave him a concussion? Any way. then when he was about to hurt her your rescue squad showed up and delayed him, but he caught a glimpse of me and grabbed my wrist and yanked me into the road, and put a gun to my head, I didn't know what had happened when suddenly the gun went off and I was fine, I heard America scream then I realized she tackled him and he fell and shot her thigh... and that why its all my fault!" She burst into tears again, "I have to go. Give this note to her for me please... She is so amazing and I don't see from my perspective anyone here more fitting for the crown." She said then gave a quick curtsy and wiped the tears off her face and walked out of the room and out of my life forever.

I couldn't let her know this but I knew deep down she was right. there was no one else more fitting for the crown then America. I needed to do anything in my power to show her that. Look out America cause here I come!

How bout that!!! please recommend a POV and tell Me what you think so far thanks!!!!