Chapter 5 (Maxons POV)

Hey peeps! Im back! hope you enjoyed Celia's chapter. (I know I loved writing it! I just so badly wanted America to flip out and slap Celeste soooooo badly!) Thanks for reading so far, and please don't stop reading it because its just about to get really good! Thanks to Aberial_63 for in a way recommending Maxons POV! Remember if you want to read it from someone's POV just let me know and I will try my best to get it in! so Comment, read, vote , and tell me who's POV to use next! Thanks and READ ON!!!!!

-Freckledmyface

Chapter 5

(Maxon's POV)

I sat on my bed tapping my foot in the ground impatiently. The first plane of girls will be arriving in 10 minutes. My tapping of my foot quickened. I realized I was hyperventilating and tried to slow my breathe. Why did I have to be the prince?! I had to do this whole selection thing, I couldn't even date like a normal person! Why?! I let out a sigh, I couldn't let the kingdom see me like this, I felt as if I was having a mental breakdown.

I got up and rushed into my bathroom, turned on the faucet and wet my hair. I starred at my expression in the mirror, I looked tired, but at the same time I looked awake. It was strange... I quickly looked away, and left my room but was quickly rushed back into it by the guards. "Excuse me sir?" I asked one of the guards. He looked up to meet my eyes."Yes prince Maxon?" The guards said in unison. "Why must I be cooped up in here like the hens in the henhouse?If anything I'm a rooster.Not a hen" I said with a lot if humor in my voice.

The guards gave a chuckle. "Now,now Prince Maxon, You know your father is the rooster you are still the chick!" They said as they walked down the hall. I sighed, they're right. Prince is just a title, so is the fact that I'm a one. I sat down on my bed and sighed, I am not allowed to even see the girls until tomorrow, until then I was on ROYAL LOCKDOWN. I was on the third floor, the girls are all staying on the 2nd floor and the 1st floor will be used as the dining hall. I looked out my window to the acres of garden below.

The colors of flowers that changed from red to orange to yellow to blue and so on and so forth. I gazed down toward the benches and the fountain. The land was so beautiful but has faced such ugliness from the rebels attack, but managed to hide the blood and death of several men that died on the very spots. It looked as if it was never touched, Left to grow by itself but was so perfectly trimmed with all the hedges and trees. It was beautiful.

Hopefully one of the girls loved nature and the garden as much as I did. I walked back to the bed and sat down.I allowed myself to slouch just this once. I gazed up at my ceiling that was a distant 50 feet above my head. It had been gold rimmed where the wall met the other wall.I heard the loud droning sound of a planes engine up ahead. and as it got louder and louder the palace shook a little. I let out a shiver. Yeah this was happening... I thought.

"Wait a second I need a cute name to call all of the girls to make them feel welcomed!" I thought aloud. I pondered this for a minute. My sweet? No, to cheesy, sweetheart? Maybe...My dear? Yes that's sounds great it's welcoming and formal! The planes engine slowly droned off to be landing about a mile away from the palace to be greeted by the adoring crowds. I sat up I wondered... Will I find my wife here? I walked to the window again and gazed out toward the garden. I could hear the crowd, even from a mile away screaming. They were loud and overly excited.I stood at my window for about an hour watching the girls enter the palace.

I gazed down at them all. I felt like I was a hungry hawk. Stalking my prey. Then I realized that sounded a little creepy, and I changed it to, I was simply looking at the girls as they entered the palace. I spotted a glimpse of red hair. A girl turned around the corner. Her green eyes beamed brightly. I recognized her immediately.