Chapter 5 ~ Musical Preparations

This is the start of the musical preparations chapter.
Will feature some drama too but not to do with the Lucas falling for Ryley but Ryley not knowing how she feels storyline. It's going to have something to do with Ryley and her family (not her birth family; the Berry family).
Enjoy!
-------------------------------------------------------------

"The musical this year is the popular Disney musical, High School Musical." Finn says during Glee Club the week after the Little Mix vs One Direction week.
"Why High School Musical?" Troye asks.
"Because everyone loves High School Musical." Ryley says.
"No, Ryley, just no." Gabe says, shaking his head.
"Shut it, Gabriel." Ryley says, glaring at Gabe.
"If you want to audition, just write your name on the sheet." Finn says, holding up a piece of paper.
One by one, members of the New Directions go up and sign their name on the sheet.
"What're you going to sing for your audition?" Angie asks Ryley.
"I'm thinking I See Fire by Ed Sheeran but I need something that will show how I'm perfect to play Gabriella." Ryley says.
"What about some Katy Perry?" Angie asks.
"I don't know. Maybe I could Unconditionally by Katy Perry." Ryley says.
"Everyone, sit back down." Finn says.
Everyone sits down in their seats.
"I have special guests from last year's New Directions coming to help out," Finn says then speaks louder, "Come in, guys!"
Jake Puckerman, Marley Rose, Blake Goodman and Kitty Wilde all walk into the choir room. Ryley, Angie, Gabe, Troye, Natalie, Abbi and Hailey all get out of their seats to hug to the four.
"To you newbies that don't know who these four are, this is Mr Jake Puckerman, Ms Marley Rose, Mr Blake Goodman and Ms Kitty Wilde." Ryley says to the newer members.
"Jake and Kitty will be helping with choreography for the musical while Blake and Marley will be working on vocals." Finn says.
The group begin talking among themselves. Ryley stays with the four graduates.
"You four want to head to the Lima Bean to catch up after Glee Club is finished?" Ryley asks.
"Sure." Marley says and the other three graduates nod in agreement.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Ryley, Jake, Marley, Blake and Kitty all sit in the Lima Bean. They each have their own drinks.
"So how's McKinley without us awesome people?" Kitty asks.
"It's alright. We have a talented bunch of New Directions this year but none are probably as talented as you guys." Ryley says.
Blake takes a sip of his drink then puts his drink down. He speaks after swallowing his drink, "Have you heard from Ryder lately?"
"Not in the last week. Not since the first week of semester." Ryley says.
"Is he enjoying the army?" Jake asks.
"He seems to be. He's made a new friend there called Jason Cooper. Jason has been on all these travels and Ryder's kind of got these ideas to go everywhere Jason's gone." Ryley explains.
"How are you two though?" Marley asks.
"We seem fine." Ryley says.
"How are you?" Marley asks.
"I'm fine. I've got my friends here, my dads' and I have Finn, who's like a brother to me." Ryley explains.
"You planning to move out to New York when you graduate?" Kitty asks, changing the subject.
"Yeah," Ryley says, "I'm going to apply to Julliard or NYADA. Moving to New York will get me closer to Rachel and Blaine."
"And us. And Kurt, Santana, Dani, Elliot and Artie." Jake adds.
"Yes." Ryley says.
"It'll be good to have more friends in New York." Blake says.
"Yeah." Ryley says.
They five begin talking about the musical. They reminisce about the summer too. Kitty, Jake, Marley and Blake talk about college. Ryley tells some stories from the first two weeks of the semester.

-------------------------------------------------------

The auditions begin two days later and Ryley has her audition for the musical. Finn, Marley, Jake, Kitty and Blake sit in the director's area of the auditorium seats.
Ryley stands behind the microphone on the stage and waits for the band to begin her song. Once they do, she sings.

Oh no, did I get too close?
Oh, did I almost see what's really on the inside?
All your insecurities
All the dirty laundry
Never made me blink one time