Chapter 11 ~ A Confusing Christmas & New York Christmas

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------

Ryley stood in her room, folding clothes to put in her suitcase that she was packing for her Christmas/New Years Trip to New York. It was just going to be her, Finn, Rachel, Blaine, Kurt, Santana and Dani. All the other New Yorkers (Artie, Kitty, Jake, Marley, Blake and Elliot) all have come back to Lima for Christmas. Other Graduates have come back too like Unique, Benny, Quinn, Joe, Sugar and Mercedes. Sam and Puck are still in Lima too.

She heard her phone buzz and she picked it up. It was a text from Lucas.

Come out into the snow. I'm outside your place - Lucas :)

Ryley smiles, grabs her jacket, gloves and beanie then heads out into the cold Lima air. She doesn't see Lucas but feels the impact of a snowball. She looks over to where the snowball came from and sees Lucas smiling and wearing his own jacket, beanie and gloves. She makes a snowball and throws it at his chest where it hits him.

"Nice throw, Berry." Lucas says, smiling and walking towards her. Last week, they went on their first date but Ryley was unsure where their whole relationship stood so she just hugged him. But they moved and slipped over. Lucas landed on the icy cold pathway to the Berry house and Ryley landed on top of him.

Ryley then looked at him in the eyes. She was so close to him so she just kissed him. And he kissed back. 

They then parted and awkwardly stood up. 

"Well..." Ryley starts.

"Well..." Lucas says.

"I think I should get going," Ryley says, awkwardly, "I have, ah, packing and shit like that."

"And I've got to talk to people in my family." Lucas says, also awkwardly.

"Bye." Ryley says.

"Bye." Lucas says.

Ryley heads back inside and Lucas walks down the street, both feeling a bit awkward about what happened. For Ryley, it was a good kiss though. She liked it. She likes him. A lot.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ryder was in his barracks, packing his bags. He closed the bag up, zipping it. Jason walked up to him.

"You going away man?" Jason asks.

"Yeah. Heading home to Lima for Christmas," Ryder says, "Want to come with? I'm planning on asking Hayley and Alex to come with us too."

"What is going on between you and Alex anyway? You guys have been awkward around each other for the last week." Jason says.

"Everything's fine." Ryder says.

"I know you like her but I want everything to work out between you and your now ex. You guys seemed like a great couple." Jason says.

"She likes another guy." Ryder says.

"I know, dude. You can't just give up like that. It's not the kind of thing I thought you would ever do." Jason says.

"It's what I'm going to do. She's probably moved on already to the other guy." Ryder says.

"Don't give up on her now." Jason says. 

Ryder sighs, "So are you coming to Lima or not?" 

"Sure. I might meet this ex of yours and talk to her for you." Jason says.

Ryder rolls his eyes and takes his bag of his bed. Tomorrow morning, he's off home to Lima. He really hopes Ryley isn't there. Maybe she's gone to New York to spend time with Rachel, Blaine and the rest of the gang in New York.