Chapter 20 ~ Feeling Good In NYC

Nationals this year is going to be in New York...like in the last book. Basically because I know more about New York then LA so that's why.

And can I just admit to something; I forget OCs sometimes and I actually forgot about the Daniel Redman one. This is because I have like the WORST memory sometimes

Enjoy though!

----------------------------------------------

The New Directions began planning out songs and rehearsing for Nationals the weekend after Prom. They were singing songs about being happy and feeling good. They're starting with Ryley singing Feeling Good by Nina Simone then Nate leading the New Directions with Happy by Pharrell Williams then finishing with a group number of Open Happiness by Cee-Lo Green, Brendon Urie, Patrick Stump, Janelle Monae and Travie McCoy.

They sorted this out at meeting at Finn's house then they were able to begin practicing in the choir room and auditorium on Sunday. 

They were ready to leave to New York on Tuesday after another rehearsal on Monday. With Nationals being on Thursday, they had more time to practice at their hotel in New York.

"New York is amazing." Lucy says as they leave the airport in New York and get onto a rented bus.

"I can't wait to visit Rachel, Blaine and the rest of the New York gang later." Ryley says.

"I'll come with you." Ryder says, from his seat next to her since he is helping the New Directions out. 

"Yay." Ryley says and gives Ryder a kiss.

-----------------------------------------------

Once they arrived at the hotel, they sorted out the rooms. They went like this:

-Ryley, Angie, Lucy and Natalie

-Abbi, Hailey and Samantha

-Zach, Gabe, Nate and Noah

-Troye, Colten and Daniel

-Finn and Ryder

After sorting the rooms out, they were free to roam around New York for the afternoon so Ryley, Angie, Gabe, Ryder, Zach and Lucy went around together. The other members went roaming around in smaller groups, with Natalie, Nate and Samantha going to visit Natalie's brother, Blake, Colten and Daniel went sight seeing while Abbi and Hailey went shopping.

"What's Jason up to lately?" Ryley asks Ryder, the two walking hand in hand with Gabe, Angie, Lucy and Zach behind them.

"He went home to Seattle to visit some friends and family for a few days then he's heading to Georgia to hang out with Hayley and Alex for a while. He's coming back for the final week of semester though." Ryder says.

"He's going to New York with us, right?" Ryley asks.

"He's got an apartment close by our building." Ryder says.

"This is getting so exciting. Soon we'll be living together in an apartment, our own apartment. Aren't you so excited, Ryd?" Ryley asks.

Ryder smiles, "I honestly can't wait."

"Same here." Ryley says.

------------------------------------------------------------

Finn met up with the six at the Bushwick building. Zach and Lucy went off to look around the shops and go find some food since Zach was getting hungry. 

Ryley, Ryder, Angie, Gabe and Finn went into the Bushwick building and up to the New York gang's floor. They passed the apartment that was going to be Ryley and Ryder's apartment next year then the one next door was the New York gang's one.