41✏

Yoongi looked around at the sea of people, filling up the entire gymnasium. A feeling of nostalgia hit over him, as he was reminded back to the time when he was part of his highschool's varsity team.

Although he didn't told Jimin that he didn't mind the younger not coming, he felt otherwise. He felt disappointed, because yes, he did practice hard to win the game but he practiced harder just to show off his moves to his boyfriend.

He sighed, doing a couple of stretches to warm up for the game.

"Okay, gather round!" Their coach ordered, and so the members stopped what they were doing and approached him. He started to discuss their strategy and gave each member his instructions.

"Yoongi, start off with shooting as much three points as you can but make sure they're accurate. Avoid making misses or else our plan will backfire on us. We need to make as much score difference as we can in the first quarter since most of our members lack in stamina, understand?"

"Yea."

Meanwhile, Hoseok is at the school's entrance, waiting impatiently for his bestfriend as he tapped his foot against the groud.

dancemaster: whats taking u so long?

jaMin: aish! I'm jammed in traffic. The bus hasnt been moving!

jaMin: is it starting?

dancemaster: in a minute, yes

jaMin: im almost there

dancemaster: u've been saying that for THE NTH TIME!!!

jaMin: but this time i'm not lying

dancemaster: aish

dancemaster: just get off now

jaMin: thats against the rules hyung. im still not at the bus stop

dancemaster: ITS STARTING

jaMin: OKAY IM RUNNING!!!

The referee blew his whistle, signalling the start of the game. Both players from either side, jumped for the ball. Yoongi watched intensely, his body itching for action. Get the ball. Get ball. Get the ball.

He smirked as he saw the ball moving to their side of the court, landing into one of his teammate's hands. They instantly made eye contact and now the ball was passed to him.

The mint haired player, lunged towards the 3-point line, avoiding their enemies who were trying to block him. He stopped, did a fade away and let the ball fly through the air, heading for the ring.

He clicked his tongue. He knew the ball wouldn't go in even before it even reached the ring.

He was right. The ball was slightly angled to the left, making it hit the ring and bounce back.

Unfortunately, the ball was caught by a player from the other team and before he knew it the score was

02-00.

"Shit." He cursed. Is it because I haven't played in a while? Or maybe is it because of Jimin?

He shook his head. I shouldn't let such trivial things affect me. Yoongi, you idiot.

His gaze landed to his coach who was giving him an okay sign, saying it was fine and he should just make it up on the next shoot.

But things didn't go like he wanted.

04-00

06-00

08-00

10-00

He kept on missing and in return the other team benefited from his missed shots.

Their coach called for a time out so there was a momentary stop of the game.

"What is with you today Yoongi? You've been doing great in our practices. Do you have an injury? Headache? What is it?" Their coached asked, clearly unimpressed by Yoongi's performance.

"Mian." He simply said, irritated at himself as well.

"If this keeps going then I'd be forced to bench you out."

"If I miss one more time, do whatever you want."

The sweating pair finally reached the gym, shuffling among the crowd of people.

"It really did start." Jimin frowned seeing as he was late.

"Told you." Hoseok replied as he moved to a vacant spot, his eyes wandering to the score board. "But what is with the score though. I was expecting it to be the other way around."

Jimin didn't respond, too focused on finding his boyfriend. Oh there he is. The unnatural mint hair wasn't hard to find.

He grinned, his body oozing with giddyness and excitement. He couldn't wait for the game to end so that he can go right to Yoongi and hug him to death. Jimin missed him too much.

The referee made another whistle, indicating the resumption of the game. Jimin watched eagerly, his full attention fixed on Yoongi.

"Hyung we should cheer for Yoongi." Jimin said but a loud voice shouted "SANGMU! SANGMU!" from beside him, making his words inaudible to Hoseok. Ah jinja..." Jimin clicked his tongue. He shot the person a quick glare before firmly gripping the railings as he leaned towards the court as far as he can.

"MIIIIIN YOOOOONGI!" He shouted so loudly that even Yoongi could hear.

Yoongi's head snapped to the sound of his name, not expecting what he saw. There, on the bleachers, stood the small figure of the person he has been dying to see for weeks.

Everything around them became a big blur, the noise of the arena, insignifanct to their ears. Just by staring into each other's eyes, they could already feel how much longing was harbored by both of them.

If it wasn't for the ball being stolen from his grasp, Yoongi wouldn't have broken their breif but meaningful moment.

Cursing under his breath, Yoongi quickly sprinted to take the ball back. He doesn't understand why but he suddenly felt lighter than before. It's as if he can't feel the friction of his shoes against the floor.

Much to everyone's amazement, the mint haired player caught up even with the great distance and swiftly stole the ball from the other player.

As soon as he got a hold of it, he quickly made a turn and ran as fast as he could to the other side of the court. For the first time today, he shot a precise three points.

10-03

Loud cheers could be heard but the only cheer that mattered to him was Jimin's.

"THAT'S MY BOYFRIEND RIGHT THERE!"

Yoongi chuckled, shaking his head, a shy smile on his face. "The fuck is he doing."

***

Wowowowow okay first of. IM REALLY SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE OMG. CAN I BE FORGIVEN? DONT WORRY THO, I'LL DO REGULAR UPDATES AGAIN.

BUT GUYS! I GOT A TICKET TODAY AND IM SEEING BTS NEXT MONTH HSHCUJSYWDIHSHX