Nine

"I think he means that it vanished from the paper."  The posh voice that filled the ears of Sebastian and Grell was one they both knew perfectly. The brown haired butler pushed his glasses further upon his nose as he made his way to the bed. His hair and suit were drenched by the weather he had been going through, leaving a track of water as he walked. 

"Oh William, you have arrived!" Grell sounded overjoyed as he spoke out the name of the handsome reaper.

"Spears." The demon butler said with a little bit of venom mixed into his voice. 

"Michaelis." The reaper looked at Sebastian in disgust and had the same hate hidden in the surname. He looked down at your sleeping figure. "It's not the time for this human to go yet. It was, but something unknown changed her future." It was not visible from the outside, but Sebastian was relieved. He was happy that it wasn't the time to die yet for this young girl that he took an interest in in only one night. 

"Then we can all retreat to bed." Sebastian said to William and Grell. "I assume you wil be taking your leave?"

"I wish to do a little bit more research on this girl. I'll be taking her with me." William T. Spears spoke while he was pulling you closer to pick you up.

"I am afraid I can't let you take my mistress with you, reaper." The voice of the young butler came from the door opening without anyone knowing he was there to begin with. With long, swift strides Alden stood next to you in no time. "We will be heading home tomorrow, so there will be no time for you to do your 'research'. Now if all you gentlemen would leave the bedroom of my lady, she needs her sleep for the journey back." Eventhough the journey he was talking about was no longer than fifteen minutes you really did need your sleep. The day after would be an important day after all. "But besides that, don't you know that it is incredibly inpolite to watch a lady sleep. I request all of you to leave now."

"Oh dear, I am truely sorry to stand in the same room as your sleeping mistress," Sebastian silently spoke, "but I believe it was necessary today. Wouldn't want a reaper alone in the room with Lady [Y/N]."

"Excuse me?" Grell exclaimed in a high-pitched voice. "I was only doing my job, Bassy!" He yelled with a pout around his mouth. Again, Sebastian ignored the red haired reaper.

"I agree that you shouldn't let Lady [Y/N] alone in the room with a reaper, but since I am here now you can all leave. It's time for my mistress to wake up." Alden said as he walked closer to your lying figure. Rain was still pouring into the room and wind was pushing the curtains around wildly.

"Than I'll be taking my leave now. I hope to see you and the lady at breakfast." With a small bow, Sebastian turned around and made his way out of the room.

"Bassy, wait for me!" Grell Sutcliff yelled with a shocked expression painted on his face. He quickly made his way out of the bedroom after Sebastian. Soon after that William left with a quick glare to Alden through the open window.

Your butler sat down on your bedside with a sigh. It had been a long day and he craved some rest. Of course not sleep, since demons don't sleep. Just a moment were he could close his eyes and think about random, unimportant stuff. Maybe it wouldn't be that bad if he just layed down next to you? Alden thought for a second. Would you mind to sleep in the same bed as him? He decided that he would just take the risk. If you woke up he would just say that he was there to project you while you were unconcious.

Alden closed his eyes. His body was positioned on the edge of the bed, but he kept a hand on your shoulder so he would notice it if you moved. Although his mind was wandering around at all kind of places, he kept his sences high. And so he just layed silently beside you, waiting for the moment you would wake up.

-

A shock echoöd through your body as you felt a hand getting placed down on your shoulder. You looked at it, only to see your own [Skin tone] skin. There was no hand or anything like that. You frowned. You had to wake up. The fact that you could feel the hand was a sign for you to open your eyes. Alden was the person that turned the handle of the Jack in the box, making the song play and forcing you to get out. "All around the mullberry bush the monkey chased the weasel." This time you weren't singing. It seemed like you were in a dream. "The monkey thought 'twas all in fun..." You took a deep breath, thinking it was time to get thrown into the real world. "Pop goes the weasel."
You were suprised as nothing happend. You thought about it for a few seconds, but it didn't take long before you got the answer. The singing was back again.
"A penny for a spool of thread
A penny for a needle,
That's the way the money goes,
Pop goes the weasel.

A half a pound of tupenny rice,
A half a pound of treacle.
Mix it up and make it nice,
Pop goes the weasel.

Up and down the London road,
In and out of the Eagle,
That's the way the money goes,
Pop goes the weasel.

I've no time to plead and pine,
I've no time to wheedle,
Kiss me quick and then I'm gone
Pop goes the weasel."

And with the last sentence of the popular nursery rime it felt like you got pushed in the air. Your eyes shot open only to be met with more darkness. Your eyes immediately went to the place beside you were you sensed someone. A small smile that was unnoticeable in the dark made it's way around your soft lips as you spotted you butler beside you.

"Alden." You whispered softly. His eyes shot open within half a second.

"Yes, milady?" He kept his voice low while he spoke to you.

You had no idea what to say. You didn't even know why you said his name. The smile on your face was already hidden again behind an emotionless look. "I'm awake." You simply stated. "Can we go home?" The light haired butler nodded and stood up from the bed. He picked you up from the bed and held you in his arms as gentle as possible. Your head rested against his chest, your eyes scanning the darkness silently. And with you tightly held against his muscular body, the demonic male made his way out of the gigantic mansion.

Two pink eyes observed you two walking through the garden, the rain violently hitting the ground around you, but it seemed to miss you two. Sebastian licked his lips while a grin filled with desire made the corners of his mouth turn upwards. "Until next time, my love." He quietly whispered into the night.