fifteen

The candles in the gigantic tree looked magical in the room filled with darkness. Ciel Phantomhive silently sat underneath it. The fire lit up his face in a mysterious way. If he hadn't told Elizabeth that he was sick he would be sitting next to her. He really didn't want to be with anyone this night. Christmas meant nothing to him. A chess board was poititioned infront of him. Every time he moved a piece he turned the board to move another for the opponent. His mind empty but his eyes filled with interest and wonder. Finally there was nothing that had to be thought of. Finally Ciel could relax.

Sebastian sat on a big chair with a cup of tea in his hand. He was observing his young master from across the room with interested eyes. Even Sebastian enjoyed Christmas. Outside it white and cold and inside cosy and warm.

"Young master." He silently spoke up as he placed his empty cup on the small table beside him. Ciel gave him a quick glance before turning his eyes back to the board.

"Yes Sebastian?"

"I-" But before he could even decently start his sentence the door got thrown open. Long red hair was the first thing Sebastian spotted. He placed his palm against his forehead. "Oh dear." The butler sighed with an annoyed look on his face.

"Bassy!" The reaper exclaimed with love and excitement in his eyes. Ciel chuckled silently as he saw the slight look of uncomfort on the face of the old demon. Grell came running to towards Sebastian, his arms ready to be thrown around the male. Just as he was about to jump on Sebastian he quickly moved out the way, making Grell fall to the ground with a loud scream. The smirk around the lips of the dark haired male was almost unnoticeable. 

Grell jumped up from the ground and wiped the non-existing dust from his red jacket with a small pout decorating his pale lips. "What are you doing here, Grell?" The butler asked in a monotone voice and a cold look in his eyes. He looked at Sebastian with a little bit of desire mixed into his glance. 

"I came to see you of course." Somehow he didn't believe te reaper. He took a step closer to him. A shiver ran down Grell's spine as he bit his lip in excitment. He couldn't believe Sebastian was coming closer to him. The cold look Sebastian had in his red eyes only made him more and more arroused. Sebastian grabbed his chin between his thumb and pointer finger. He leaned his face a little bit closer to him. 

"Tell me the truth." Sebastian knew that he could get all the information he wanted from Grell if he played his cards right. 

Grell giggled under his breath. "Well if you insist!" His voice broke from the excitement as he spoke. "Will asked me to go look for the girl from that night. I figured that she maybe was still staying at the Phantomhive manor." The demon took two steps back as he received the truth about Grell's unexpected visit. The reaper looked a little bit offended as he did so. 

"Do you know why he wants to find her?" The blood red eyes looked beautiful under the dull light of the candles. The flames seemed to be dancing on the red waves, his lashes like a black frame around the work of art. 

"No, he hasn't told me his reason, but I expect it is because of the unexpected dissapearing of her name from my book. He seems to be still wanting to figure out the reason."

"Well then. You can leave now, Grell. We are not willing to give you any information about her. William is on his own in this matter." He turned his gaze to Ciel, who was silently watching the conversation find place until now. "Young master, can I get something for you? Some sweets perhaps?" 

-

It was a week after Christmas and Alois Trancy was sitting in his office.  He was still a bit moody, but he still decided to write you yet another letter since you had left the last one unanswered.  A pen made of silver was in his hand. He thought for a moment before he began swirling it around on the blank paper, creating small written letters. His handwriting looked neat and chic written in that pitch black ink he got. A shame it was that it would never get to touch your hands.