twenty-eight

Black ash slowly drifting away into the ocean and four supernatural beings watching it slowly dissapear. The day a royalty died and a young girl got broken free from the chains of the father's contract. 

"Goodbye, old friend." Sebastian muttred. 

-

It was the year 1634. Around a wooden table sat three demons. One of them being royal, the other two merely travellers. 

"So Sebastian," one of the demons began, "what do you think?" In the middle of the table laid a big drawing of a woman with [H/C] hair. 

"She's quite pretty." He said. "But she's human, I don't think you will be able to have her, your majesty." The blonde, royal demon got a scowl on his face and shook his head. 

"I'm not asking for advice like that. I am looking for a way to make her immortal so she can stay with me for the rest of my life." He said while he leaned back on the wooden, uncomfortable chair. "Rodrique here said you might know a way." 

Sebastian nodded and looked up from the drawing. "I indeed know a way to do that, but is this really the woman you want to have by your side for the rest of your days? Eternity can be quite long if you spend it with the worng person." The black haired demon said. He was wearing a brown waistcoat with a loose with blouse underneath. His jacket laid somewhere in the corner, together with his cravat. 

"I am sure she is the one. Now tell me what you know." The royal demon impatiently started playing with his long, almost white braids. 

"Alright then. I can introduce you to a witch named Aretha La Croix. She is your only chance of making this human immortal. She always wants something in return for helping you with her magic so be prepared for that." Sebastian blankly stared at the demon who asked for his help. His advice was short. Further explanation had to come from Aretha, he didn't know the process of becoming immortal. There was only one thing he had to know. 
"I have to know her name. What is her name?" 

"Why do you need her name? Do you plan to take her from me." The light haired male sat straight in his chair and hit the table with his fist. Sebastian didn't look impressed. He didn't even flinch a little. 

"There is no need to get so worked up about this, Lord Alden. I merely have to know this to give Aretha her name. The witch will decide if she is worthy of becoming immortal." Sebastian took his pocket watch out and looked at the time. "Oh dear, I have to go now. You may visit me again in exactly two weeks at the same time. I will have more information then." He was about to walk away as he realised he forgot something. "Oh right, her name. What is her name?" 

Alden hesitated for a second before speaking up. "Dorothy Kynbrugh [L/N]." 

-

The memory of meeting Alden for the first time was still fresh in the mind of Sebastian. The thing he asked him for and how it was linked to his obsession with you. Now all that was gone, it was history and meant to be forgotten. 

The four supernaturals all turned away from the dark blue sea. "It would be better if we went back now. He's dead so we don't have anything to do here anymore." William said. The others just simply nodded, not a word to be ripped from their throats. And so began their journey back to London. 

-

Sleep still hadn't taken you away at three in the morning. This was the second grieving process you experienced and it was just empty. The boy you grew up with suddenly just didn't exist anymore. You didn't have a fiance anymore, which could become a problem later. Seventeen and no plans for marriage was not something you should want. Not in this time. 

Silence and darkness surrounded you. Alois had guided you to the room in the basement earlier that night. The lack of windows made the room even more dark, you couldn't even see your hand if you held it really close to your face. You just gazed around the nothingness, not knowing what else to do. You kept replaying some of your favorite memories you had with Daichi. The time you got the ring was one of them. That one stood on the top of your memory-list. Maybe you would see him again in heaven, is what you thought. But deep down you knew you wouldn't go to heaven. Not with the amount of people you had killed. 

You now decided to close your eyes. You really wanted to fall asleep. It was the only thing you desired at that moment. 

Your eyes shot open again when you heard the door to your room slowly creak open. You looked up and could see the face of a certain demon hovering in the door way, illuminated by a large candle. He made his way into your room, placing the burning candle on the small table besides your bed. 
"Can't you sleep?" Sebastian asked you. You shook your head. 

"I haven't been able to sleep all night." You said softly. The butler just responded with a 'hm'. 

"Well I was just checking up on you. Just close your eyes and the sleep will eventually come." He turned around. "Goodnight." He said with a glance over his shoulder. 

"Wait!" You quickly said. "Stay with me and sleep here." Your voice sounded so vulnerable and small. Sebastian couldn't help but grin. 

"If that is what you wish for." He nodded before climbing into the bed next to you. He was still wearing his tailcoat, but you didn't mind. He shoes got kicked off his feet while he got into the bed. Sebastian wrapped the covers around the both of you. You turned your back at him and silently shoved yourself a bit closer to him. Sebastian saw this as a sign to drape his arm over your waist. Finally you felt safe and calm. Your [E/C] eyes got closed and you felt Sebastian move to put the candle out. When he got comfortable again he whispered one last thing in your ear before you both fell asleep. 

"Sweet dreams, milady."