13

Be Eridan:

"Howw did they catch my face?! Wwe wwere careful!"

"Relax! You yelling isn't going to make anything better!" Sollux yelled, speeding down the empty road, "Look, it might have been when you snagged that guy's ID. You took it before I got the cameras covered. Now so they can't find us, we have to change how we look. Obvious things, you have to lose your blonde hair and that streak of yours. I'll go buy some hair dye somewhere and we'll style it differently too. You have to go without glasses too when we're in public."

"Wwhat about you?" I looked at him.

"They didn't say anything about catching my appearance, but we can't risk it. I'll dye my hair too and lose the glasses when we're in public. And you gotta do something about your voice."

"My vvoice?"

"Your stutter, Eridan!"

"Oh! Right!" I looked down, "I'll try to keep it under control."

"I'm fine with keeping my lisp in control. You're the main concern here."

"Yeah. I'm really sorry Sol." 

"Oh! That's another thing too. Our names. In public, if we ever need to talk to each other and use names, we gotta have fake ones. Maybe you can use your actual name instead of your nickname. Maybe just the middle name. Let's see, Eric-Daniel Ampora. Which do you want to use? There's a bunch or Eric's and Daniel's in the world, so pick one." 

"Uh, I suppose I'll just go wwith Daniel like you said. WWhat about you?"

"I'll think of one, but at least we have yours down for now. Now let's stop at a store. You're going to stay in the car while I get the stuff." Sollux drove on for a while longer before going into the next city. He parked in an empty space of the parking lot. He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before taking some money and going into the store. 

I looked out the window and stared at the road. 

All this running from the police is so tiring. Does it really have to be this way for me? If I wanted to tight now, I could just leave the car and go. I could run and go to the policed... Of course, I'd never do that. I love Sollux too much to actually do that to him. I couldn't leave him just like that. He'd be terribly angry.

But...
The thought does actually sound okay... I could run back to Cronus. I'm not the one that killed anybody. Would I be safe from jail? Or would they throw me in too for helping Sollux? 

The driver side door opened and Sollux got into the car. "Look! I bought myself some sunglasses! I'm not trying to be like Dave, they'll just hide my eye color since they're different. I got different types of hair colors for us to choose from. I got black, brown, strawberry blonde, regular red hair color, purple, and blue. We can mix things up too, but let's not waste it all. We have to save some too just in case they catch us in our new color. And I also bought hair spray and styling gel."  

"Okay. Maybe I'll go for the... Strawwberry blonde look? I'vve alwways wwondered what I'd look like in that color." 

"Okay, we'll rent another motel room for the night and work on getting our hair done. It's gonna get colorful and messy." 

"It actually sounds fun." I smiled. He pulled out of the parking lot and we looked for a cheap motel close to the road just in case we have to take off right away.