20 The End

Eridan's POV:

"WWhere the hell is he?" I groaned, waiting in an alley near the bank. It was way passed closing time. All of the workers had already left. I worked for a while in trying to cover the cameras. I used random things I found to cover them up rather than breaking or interfering with them.

I sighed and sat on the floor, leaning up against the brick wall. I began to let my thoughts flow freely. Some went into a negative place.
What if he just left me here? He probably went back to that guy he's talking to... I wouldn't be surprised. Maybe this is my only chance to actually go to the police. I could go... Maybe I could avoid punishment. I mean, I didn't really do much wrong. I just listened to Sollux. Probably the worst thing I've ever done.

I stood back up, my mind clear. I stepped out of the alley and saw Sollux pull up with the car. He braked so suddenly. "Eridan!!! Get in!!!!!!"

"WWhat about the bank? WWhat's goin' on?"

I was answered by the sound of sirens. I immediately got into the car, Sollux pressing on the gas. We practically flew down the road.

"I went back to the motel and the place was swarming with police. They caught me and they've been after me the whole time. I managed to lose them for a while to find a place where we can hide, but I ran into them on my way to come get you."
"Howw did they find out that wwe wwere at the motel?!"
"That's my fault- Let's just forget about it!" Sollux made a sharp right turn, "We need to thtay calm..." Oh no, his lisp.
"W-WWhere are wwe supposed to hide if they're on our backs?"
"Like I thaid, I found a place where we can hide." He turned on the car radio, trying to listen in to see if there was a report about the chase.

Out there...

A helicopter flew over the car driving, a spotlight on them. Jake was inside the helicopter in his police uniform, holding the mic to talk to them. He pressed the button and began speaking.
"Stop the car right now, we have police behind and coming from the front. Do not make us have to use physical force. We can do this calmly." Jake looked out and saw a hand stick out the window from the driver's side. Sollux was flipping off the helicopter, mainly directed towards Jake.

Jake rolled his eyes and handed the mic to another officer, "Take this."
"Sir, how did you even know where they were?"
"I was called in by the Chief to do an undercover investigation. I met Captor a while back and  I didn't realize it was actually him till' a few days after our meeting. His disguise really threw me off."
"But how did you know the Ampora kid was with him, too?"
"Once I found out who he was, I followed him to his motel one night and spied on them through their window. Part of the curtains was moved in a way where I could see through. I took photos as well."
"Amazing! You really are the best of the best."

Jake thanked him and looked out the helicopter at the moving car. It was true. He really didn't know that Seth was Sollux at first. It actually hurt him a great deal when he found out. Of course, Jake picked justice over love. It seemed like that was becoming a common theme in his life...

Sollux's POV:

"Here!" I stopped the car and grabbed our bags from the backseat. Eridan took a bag from me and we started running down an alley. "I wath here a while ago to make thure that there would be no one here!" I ran down with him and grabbed the knob to a door. When I opened it, I dragged Eridan inside.
"WWhere are wwe supposed to hide?!"
"Upthtairth!" I grabbed his hand and tiptoed with him up the stairs of the building just in case others were near. This was a building for a store for mattresses that hadn't opened yet. The walls were still being painted inside and shelves were being brought inside.