Chapter Six // connections

•: Daniel Reed :•

.•: Daniel Reed :•.

Paisley was too good for me. Honestly I would feel guilty if I even so much as laid one of my fingers on her. So what was I doing?

I couldn't even explain myself, well, to myself. We were nearing our destination & the beginning of the redemption plan I had been dreaming up, it was too late to turn back. Paisley was with me; wide eyed and innocent.

I wanted to know what was the moon goddess' problem because how was this beautiful young lady sat next to me, meant for me? It didn't feel real, it hadn't since the moment I laid eyes on her.

I was just a man, a man who'd been yearning for this instant I was in, for nearly a decade, this opportunity. But was this me, scooping in on a young girl the very first chance I got? Was this me taking advantage?

"Are we really going for pizza, Alpha?" Paisley questioned, this was the second or third time she had spoken the entire 15 minute car ride.

Guilt was beginning to fill my being, but I nodded, "Yes, I got to make up for being.. well an ass."

"Well thanks, I'm excited. Maybe we can buy my mom a slice, she is fond of Chicago pizza as well." She seemed to be thinking, then I heard a beautiful giggle, "Not that whatever place we're going could even replicate the real deal."

I couldn't help but laugh with Paisley, she was infectious, especially to me. "Of course! I'll get you girls an entire pizza to bring home, or if you want we can just pick up the pizza and have dinner together? The three of us?"

Paisley's smile faded out, and I couldn't imagine why. Did she want to be alone with me? I craved the same thing with her, but the reality; I was a man who mated to another, over her.

"That sounds nice." She smiled again, maybe she thought it was a good idea? I didn't know, I knew at some point I was going to be let into some of her thoughts, I was disappointed I couldn't hear them now.

"Anyways Paisley girl, this pizza is the real deal," I let her know seriously, we wouldn't be driving a ways out of town for something I didn't think would impress her.

"Awe, we'll see." I didn't know why she was blushing, but that didn't make it any less cute.

Being this close to Paisley for so long was feeling like it had intoxicating effects, I was trying my best to concentrate on driving, but her scent was filling up my car and it was actually heavenly; sometimes I could smell this girl from my bed at night, I swear.

"Almost there now," I let her know, looking at her from the corners of my eyes to see an almost excited smile.

Paisley all but shot out of my car the second I pulled into a space and turned off my car. Maybe she was starving and she knew we'd have to wait the whole drive home to eat after we got this pizza.