Chapter Ten // drive

•: Daniel Reed :•

.•: Daniel Reed :•.

I felt like a total piece of crap, I needed forgiveness for what I was about to do. But as tears formed in Paisley's beautiful ocean eyes, I knew that I couldn't stop myself.

There we were, she was wearing my button up shirt after I swayed her into putting it on when the chill of the wind started nipping at her bare skin, that wasn't the only reason I wanted her covered, but I couldn't think that way, or I shouldn't.

After long minutes of eye contact and heated conversation; admittedly it was the most important and nerve wracking past 30 minutes of my life, I had convinced her to let me drive her home.

We were standing outside of my car, I could feel all of the emotions radiating off of Paisley, and I could feel all of mine as well.

I was moving closer to her, feeling her breath pick up with each centimeter I moved in her direction. We were less than an inch apart, her breath was fanning my face and something I hadn't fully felt for Paisley before was taking over my every nerve.

I didn't have a say, as I watched Paisley's eyelids flutter and get heavy; I leaned in, closing my own as tight as I could.

Our lips made contact and she was so incredibly warm. How, when she had been chilly just a few minutes ago when I gave her my shirt? It was summer, but it wasn't scorching enough outside to warrant the heat that Paisley was emitting.

Her lips felt like silk, I didn't want to open my eyes or break our contact for even a second in my whole entire life, but I didn't have a choice as we both heard rustling nearby.

"Alpha? Luna?" Someone questioned and I felt my pulse nearly stop.

Our lips disconnected, I hadn't been prepared to stop, but then I looked at Paisley and she was in tears. I unlocked my doors and she got the hint, hopping in as quickly as possible. Oh my gosh, I felt like utter shit.

"What are you up to Alpha?" A deep voice questioned, he was a teenager, probably Paisley's age.

Igor

Paisley's thought came to me.

You know him?

I didn't hear a response through our mind link, so I scowled at the boy with red hair who had just interrupted the best moment of my life thus far.

"I could ask you the same question, Igor. Now how about you get going, because I am. Park's closed." I was more stern than I would have been under any other circumstances.