Chapter Seven // never

•:Paisley Conner:•

.•:Paisley Conner:•.

I had a headache, I couldn't sleep, my heart was fluttering, and aching at the same time. My thoughts were racing about the Alpha. Daniel Reed.

A boy had never paid any attention to me in this small town, but now, here I was unable to stop thinking about this man, who I had an unmistakable connection with. I was praying to the Moon Goddess for answers, I needed them almost as bad as I did when I was 13 and my father left the Earth.

Back then, she answered me, it had been unclear to me the next day if her comforting advice and smile was only a dream, but deep down I've always known that it was very real.

Her visit had been the only thing which kept me sane, that really got me through that vulnerable time m. I was feeling like I needed to see her. But I sort of knew, she was up there urging me to figure this out on my own.

Too bad for me, it was like impossible. I needed advice, one of the only people I could trust was Gretchen.

Gretch, the Alpha has me spooked, please come over, it's sat. ill explain

I sent the text and waited, next week would be my last week of high school. I didn't extremely care, nor was I excited or even bummed out. I was more concerned about my sudden personal life, when before it had been non existent.

By 10 am, Gretchen had arrived. "Spill your guts." She exclaimed after she had opened my door and plopped herself down on my bed.

I sighed as she itched her cute button nose with her red painted nail, " You know those will just get messed up once you shift." I pointed to her manicured fingers.

"Oh Paisley, I came here to figure out something that I don't already know," she said to me, rolling her eyes.

"Fine, Daniel, he came over last night."

Gretchen furrowed her eyebrows, her already big hazel eyes, widening. "Why?"

"You tell me. Gretchen. I have no clue."

"Is that all? He stopped by? Did he talk to your mom?"

"Yes he did, but that's not all." A blush creeped onto my face, I was always blushing over this idiot. "He took me out of town to go get a pizza."

She was puzzled, "My cousin, the Alpha took you out of town for food?"

"Yes we didn't dine out, just brought the food back here."