Chapter Thirteen // lies

.•:Paisley Conner:•.

When I woke up two days later, I was already busy shaking off dreams of long nights spent with Daniel, where our lips were glued to each other, where he whispered sweet things to me and it was just him and I, nobody around to interrupt or anything

I thought about his shirt I had gone home in the night of my birthday, it was tucked away deep in my pajama drawer, where nobody could find it. Last night had been the first night I didn't chuck it on over my tank top in the middle of the night. I had to wash it because it was gross to wear something so many times in a row, despite the comfort I got from his scent in the lonely night.

Daniel hadn't even so much as texted me for the last 48 hours. Thanks a lot, steal my first kiss and don't even call. He must have thought he was entitled to that special thing considering he was my true mate, but that's not how I saw it. He owed me for that. I didn't know what I wanted from him, but it was something more than all of this nothing.

Did I go to see him? Did I forget it ever happened? I wasn't sure, but it sucked to wake up thinking of him every day, not to mention the passionate dreams I literally couldn't stop myself from having.

It was killing me not to be able to tell Gretchen, not only was this information I couldn't even share with my best friend, but even if I wanted to, I wasn't able to because she was out of town with Darren and his family.

My only hope to get this off my chest; my sister. She was coming over later but I wasn't sure if we would be in the right setting for me to share that kind of thing. I just couldn't keep all this stuff in, I pretty much desperately needed advice from another girl, and I knew if my mom found out about any of this; there would be no more Alpha Daniel. She might kill him, if my dad were alive, he definitely would.

I sighed mournfully, placing my bare feet on the fuzzy rug near my bed, I stepped out, rubbing my eyes with the back of my thumbs. I needed to get this out of my head; would telling Angy even be a good way of that?

When my sister arrived, I had finally decided that I would just tell her a part of what was on my mind

When my sister arrived, I had finally decided that I would just tell her a part of what was on my mind. Maybe I wouldn't delve into the fact that my first kiss had been the 26 year old Alpha, but I could share the minor details.