Conquerors

#A3Prompt4: Write about Maine and Alden joyously venturing to 'war' when they have all the peace they need at home. 

He's been going in and out of the forest, chasing those bandits who recently robbed the poor villagers. Deputy Sheriff Alden of Pak Tai, a province in Thailand. He carefully studied the map that will lead him to the bandits camp. Every day, he plunged himself into the dangerous mountains, walking through rivers. Sheriff Alden spent many sleepless nights with the villagers, staying at Chief Klai's place. People are living in fear. Some of their children were being captured by the Tiger Gang. The police force of the province didn't even dare to make a move. They choose to be silent. But NOT him. 

Before he got married, he asked his superiors to transfer him to Pak Tai from his homeland, Pranakorn. So that he could deal with those crazy bandits. He must stand for justice. He will do his job for the sake of these people who were being abandoned, like a lost sheep. No matter how dangerous it will  be. It may cause him to be apart from her, sleeping on the bed, without her by his side. He misses her so much. Maine, his wife who makes him feel at home with her every touch. 

//

She got married to him for a week now. Maine, Deputy Sheriff Alden's wife. They were betrothed since they were still kids, a promise between their families. She only knew him for a month. Maine agreed to marry him for the sake of her family's honor. She doesn't want her Father to feel disgraceful. Even if Maine know not what the future will bring, she chose to obey by doing  her duties as a wife to the very best. 

Duangsawat, her husband's ex-lover is messing up with her...big time. She always finds ways to annoy her, reminding Maine that Sheriff Alden married her only because of the promise between their parents...that Sheriff Alden doesn't love her, the way he did with Duangsawat in the past. But despite all this, she does everything at home with much effort. Maine became a pride to everyone in the household. She is getting stronger and wiser each day. She will create love. 

The sunflowers are now blooming. In 2 days, her husband will come home from work. She can't wait to show him the garden, and the new curtains that she knitted with her own hands. 

Trust. Understanding. Putting her heart into his heart. In the midst of all the chaos in life, they will always find themselves in each other's arms...with the peace that other people may not understand.