Disguise

#A3Prompt18: Maine, Alden, and the horrible secret that the store clerk was hiding. 

"Alam mo, Alden. Mas bagay 'to kay Nanay oh!", Maine insists showing Alden her choice of a handmade necklace.

"Hindi nga eh. Mas bagay 'to sa kanya. Mas gusto ni Nanay 'yung simple lang.", he said to her.

Newlyweds Alden and Maine decided to spend their honeymoon in Davao City. It was their last night here. Before going back to Manila, they dropped by the famous Roxas Night Market, particulary in Madayaw Souvenir Shop to buy some 'pasalubong' for their families in Metro Manila, and tried some of the food that was being displayed in there.

"Alam mo, let's ask nalang 'yung tindera ng souvenir shop.", Alden suggests.

"Mas mabuti pa nga.", she agreed. A few minutes later, a woman in her mid 40's show herself to them. She has a black-curly hair, wearing a black pants and a white shirt.

"Ate...mas maganda po ito 'di ba?", Maine showed her the necklace.

She nodded. Maine and Alden was a bit confused. When suddenly, the woman whispered to them, "Naay mamatay rong gabhiuna!". Then, she left.

"Ano daw sabi niya Alden? "Naay mamatay rong gabhiuna?". "Ano 'yun? 'Di ba nakakaintindi ka ng Bisaya?".

"Hindi naman lahat. Kinsa imong love lang naman alam ko eh. Pero, ang weird naman ni Ate. Ano kaya ibig niyang sabihin? Mamatay? Yun lang na gets ko eh. Mabuti pa...text ko mommy ni Baby Baste. Magtanong ako."

They went back to their hotel room at the Marco Polo and took some sleep. The following morning, they watched the most horrible news...

"15 died and 60 people was injured in a blast at the Roxas Night Market in Davao City. According to the witness, the suicide bomber is a woman in her mid 40's, with a black-curly hair, wearing a white shirt and black pants, and disguised herself as a store clerk of Madayaw Souvenir Shop."

Maine and Alden looked at each other in horror. They had a face to face encounter with the suicide bomber last night. Alden got a message from Baby Baste's mom.

"Naay mamatay rong gabhiuna."means "SOMEONE WILL DIE TONIGHT" in English."