Sweet Serendipity

#A3Prompt6: Maine and Alden wakes up with a key gripped in their hand. How did they get the key? What do they do with it? 

He just came back from his US trip, Doctor Richard Faulkerson Jr., one of the best surgeon of St. Lukes Medical Center. His best friend, Doctor Sam Gogna who is a Pediatrician in Tupi, South Cotabato was asking for his help. They will be having a medical mission in a certain barangay, and Doctor Richard's skills are badly needed. 

He arrived in Tupi, South Cotabato as early as expected. While preparing for the medical mission, he suddenly saw from his bag the necklace with a silver-plated key pendant, that was given by his Lola Erlinda, just a few days ago. Doctor Richard remembered his Lola's words. 

"RJ, sana mahanap mo ang pares ng kuwintas na 'yan. Naiwala ko kasi 'nung minsan na nagpunta kami ng Mindanao. Dapat ibibigay mo 'yun sa babaeng mamahalin at mapapangasawa mo."

"Lola, it's okay. Wala pa po akong balak mag asawa eh. Marami pa akong gustong gawin."

He smiled while putting on the necklace. For him, it's really impossible finding the other one. 

//

Nicomaine is a nurse that was being transferred from Metro Manila to Tupi, South Cotabato. She is helping out with the medical mission. Even though she is raised in the city, Nurse Nicomaine has a heart for the poor. She wanted to help them through her profession. 

"Nurse Nicomaine, you'll be assisting Doctor Richard Faulkerson Jr. He is the best surgeon from St. Lukes Medical Center.", Head Nurse Patricia said. 

"Oh, I see. Sige po, Maam."

"Halika, ipapakilala kita sa kanya."

She followed the Head Nurse. Then, she saw him standing next to Doctor Sam Gogna. He looks dashing in his doctor suit. He is wearing glasses that makes him more attractive. He flashes a smile upon seeing them. And oh, he has a dimple. 

"Doctor Richard, I'd like you to meet Nurse Nicomaine. She will be assisting you today during the medical mission. Nurse Nicomaine, this is Doctor Richard Faulkerson Jr."

"Hi, Nurse Nicomaine.", he smiled. 

"Hello, Doctor Richard."

He offered his hand for a handshake. Suddenly, he noticed that Nurse Nicomaine was wearing a necklace with a silver plated key pendant on it, just like him. 

"Nurse Nicomaine, where did you get that necklace?"

"Ahm...I bought this from a pawnshop. It's been with me for five years now. Why?"

"Nothing...it's just.", he stutters. 

"Doctor, you're wearing the same necklace just like mine..."

Silence. 

Since then...their eyes were locked to each other. Forever. 

"Everything leads me to you.", he said.