Bully

#A3Prompt17: Maine, Alden, and the day that the unrequited was reciprocated. 

She was being bullied by him since they were kids. Everything seems so vivid on her mind. All those hurtful words. You name it. She heard it from him. He just wanted to win over her. They fought with one another. Everyday. As kids. When his parents sent him to Canada, how she wished that he will never come back again. But, he did. Unfortunately. Time passed by. They were all grown-ups now. But still, he remained the same. A bully person that he is. They still fight up to this time. Yet, her feelings for him never changes. She loves him. All this time. He came back still having the same thought of winning over her. To the point of forcing her to marry him. But she wouldn't let him be in her way again. She said that he hates him. That she didn't love him at first place. She will never love him, ever. And she has someone else in her heart. But not him.

One day, he was gone. He wrote her a letter. It says...

"Nicomaine, my love...sorry for calling you like this. If you don't like it, just think of it as a calling that the foreigner used in their letters. The truth is, I wanted to meet with you and tell you in person. But it hurts me so much. Since, I know very well, that you hate me very much. I sympathize with you, Nicomaine. So, I've decided to return your freedom to you. So, you can marry the one you love like you wanted to. I've put the engagement ring inside the brown box on my table in my bedroom. You can take it back when you want it. Everything that I've done to you, please forgive me. I'm willing for you to laugh at me one more time, for telling you in this letter...that I LOVE YOU!"

-Richard Faulkerson Jr.