Forever Grateful

#A3Prompt16: Maine, Alden, and one honest obituary. 

They immediately went to the hospital upon hearing the news. All of them were sharing their own memories of him. She was asked to write his obituary. Maine was silent the whole time. She stared at the blank piece of paper in front of her. Then, she starts writing...

"Mr. Allan Kisane, also known as 'Allan Ki' by his colleagues in the Entertainment Industry, a comedienne from Bacolod City, and a former host of Eat Bulaga: the longest running noontime show in the Philippines had already joined his Creator on the 16th day of July, 2026 due to a sudden car accident. He lived his life in the most humble way and made a great contribution in the showbiz industry. A good son, diligent co-worker, and wonderful friend. We would like to inform the bereaved family, friends, and loved ones that his wake will be at St. Peter's Chapel in Quezon City, and his body will be finally laid to rest on July 21, 2016 at exactly 2 o'clock in the afternoon at the Loyola Memorial Park."

"Tapos na ba, Maine?", she heard Alden asking her.

"Oo. Eto na.", she responded giving him the piece of paper.

Maine remembered how she, and JoWaPao would make a joke on him especially when Allan Ki has a show, overseas. They would say things like, "Hindi niyo ba nabalitaan?" "Magpapaikot na ba kami ng yellow pad?" "Wag niyo muna isasara!" "Ihakbang na ang mga bata!". It was during the Juan for All, All for Juan segment of Eat Bulaga. And later on, Allan Ki would exclaim, "Mga Bastos!". They would laugh.

But there's one more thing that Maine will always cherish about him. It was that unforgettable day of July 16, 2015 when Allan Ki caught her smiling to Alden on the split screen. Their lives changed after that. The words, "Hala! Si Yaya nagpapabebe kay Alden!", would always remain in her heart. His giggles. The way he shrieks whenever he feels 'kilig', seeing her and Alden. She is grateful to him. Always have. Always will.