Twenty-Two

[This picture is kind of how I imagine Lady Kahtrina ☺️]

Dohmenic

With her auburn locks and crystal gray eyes, the Lady Kahtrina looked nothing like his beautiful, blonde, brown-eyed Mihrisa.

Yet still... he couldn't take his eyes off her.

Sweet Miss, she was stunning. Her beauty struck him the minute he gazed upon her, hit him like a mace.

Her hair cascaded down her shoulders and stopped mid-chest. It looked silky in the daylight from the windows, which also happened to fit the description of her pure, alabaster skin. Her lips were tinted a faint red color and her eyes sparkled as she stepped forward and curtsied slow and deeply before him. Automatically, he extended his hand and let her kiss his ring, but other than that, words seemed to escape him.

She truly was beautiful. The dress she wore was whiter than her completion and looked as satin as a summer cloud. The design suited her limber figure, her full bosom and her plush hips. As the Dralan took in every little detail about her, he knew instantly this female would no doubt suit his throne beautifully. He would produce beautiful heirs with her genes and no doubt in his mind told him her hips couldn't survive birthing them as well; She was a prime candidate.

And yet... even with all his requirements met to the fullest, he felt nothing inside his body. Nothing. Not even the slightest tingle or pull. She was beautiful beyond what he could've ever imagined, yet his body was blind to it.

- And of course he knew why.

"Lady Kahtrina," He nonetheless greeted her. He reminded himself that this was all for the better. It would just take some time, he would eventually grow fond of her. Or so he told himself. "Arise."

Lady Kahtrina slowly arose, keeping her eyes lowered. She was just like his Mihrisa in many ways; he had to tell her every single little thing she had to do, only he didn't crave to do it as much as he did it with his own. He didn't long to see this female's eyes land upon him, tempt him. If anything, he perhaps just wanted this female to keep glaring down at his feet.

But that wasn't how he was raised. "Look at me."

She obediently did. Her eyes flipped up and met his, but where his own Mihrisa usually sucked in a breath at the same time - as if the act of looking him in the eyes needed an extra breath - the Lady Kahtrina seemed steady enough, though not arrogant even the slightest. She was humble and respectful, just not as nervous as his Mihrisa - perhaps her feelings towards him were as blatant as his were to hers.

"You are a beautiful female, Lady Kahtrina," He told her and did not lie. She was beautiful, just not his taste. "I'm confident we will make better acquaintances over the next couple of days."

The Lady Kahtrina bowed her head respectfully and folded her hands over her skirts. "It is an honor to meet his royal highness. I will do everything I can to live up to his majesty's demands."

Her voice was like her appearance; Beautiful. Pleasurable. Nice. And yet like all the rest of her, it did nothing for the Dralan.

"Indeed she will," Lord Amasgohn - his old friend he hadn't seen in years and the father of the Lady Kahtrina - now spoke up, just as his daughter took a step back and joined the rest of her family on the bottom steps of the grand stairs. "As will we all. Allow me to reintroduce you to my family again after all these years, my lord. My female, the Lady Derina."