Fifty-Two

[If you're homophobic...
don't read or don't comment, thank you 😁]

Byhron

He never drank when he was on duty.

Byhron prided himself with his uniform, and a night as important as this one, there was no room for mistakes.

Every Lathra in Draylth had gathered around and inside the castle, protecting the bahks who had all come to be a part of the celebration. Nobody except those with an invitation was allowed inside. Every passageway in was guarded well, even though the celebration was limited to the gardens.

Everyone knew this night was the prime night for any Mihr Hunter to attack. Every Lathra was on high alert, and Byhron was no different. As he stood by one of the entrances and guarded the passageway with his fellow Lathra Ehror, he listened to any crack and whistle of the wind for signs of danger. If the Mihr Hunters came, they would come in silence.

Ehror cracked his neck beside him, but kept a firm grip on his spear as well. Byhron's eyes stayed guarded and narrowed as a shape suddenly approached. His tense body eased the second he recognized the female shape.

"Ehliza," The male beside him broke his stance and Byhron could feel the energy bursting from the Lathra as his female approached. Not many Lathras chose to mate while serving the Dralan, but a few had still risked the chance and kept faithful to their female.

"Ehror," The bahk smiled to her male and eyed Byhron as well. Giving him a small curtesy, she acknowledged his presence as well. "Byhron."

Byhron nodded back and gave a tight smile. He knew the female came here to see her male on the glorious night. Shifting, he lifted his spear. "I will give you a minute alone."

Byhron left his post, but stayed close enough to still keep an eye on the gateway, though far away enough to miss their quiet whispers. He saw out of the corner of his eye how the male softened like clay the second his female laid a hand on his cheek and smiled up at him. They were mated and in love, happy and trying to increase their family.

Byhron lowered his eyes a little to the ground, granting them a few seconds of privacy as their lips found each other.

Once upon a time, he had dreamt of finding what Ehror had. A female to come home to, the joyous laughter of youngs around them as they sat in their safe home, forever guarded by Byhron himself and his blood. Youngs fed from their parents till they became of primed age. He used to imagine watching his Sahl Amorsa nurse their youngs with her milk and her blood, kissing her and whispering those two sacred words in her ear.

But now, all of his future dreams involved a different kind of blood.

Byhron slowly walked back as the couple finished their moment and Ehror kissed his female goodbye. They both resumed their positions, but Byhron sensed the Lathra beside him emanating a stronger, more vibrant energy than before.

All of Byhron's dreams, once as equally vibrant, changed the day those Mihr Hunters who violated his sister entered his life. From that moment on, his entire life purpose had become to find those males and slaughter them. Oh, but not before spending hours tearing at their mangled bodies, draining them from blood and separating the tissues from their bones like picking meat off a carcass.