~Near you~

(Y/N)'s POV

"Come on!" The man shouts as we reach the end of a freezing tunnel. "This way!"
Newt holds my hand and we sprint out of the building, towards a bus. I can hear his struggling breaths while he drags me along. His leg. He's putting to much work on it. I almost want to stop and sling his arm over my shoulder, to help him walk, but I know we have to keep moving. Mine isn't doing very well either. It's pounding with pain and red, decorated with various bruises and cuts.
Newt squeezes my hand, like he wants to remind me that he's still here. Warmth shoots up my body and I smile a little despite all of the grief I just went through. No one can make that happen. No one besides him.
I look to my brother, who is dead not only in the face, but in body language too.
Chuck. His name rings in my ears, and my chest stings. Him and Thomas were close. I can't possibly even try to imagine what Thomas is thinking right now. His face is a horrible pale white. It's the dull color that makes your fingers shake and your stomach churn in sadness. And when I start to feel that, I look away, not able to watch him.
Newt pulls me up onto the bus, and I take a seat right in the corner. My favorite spot. He sits down next to me, so close that I can feel his breaths on my cheek.
"Sorry," he whispers, "I just want to be near you right now."
I nod and pull him close.
He sniffles and quickly wipes his tears away, laying his head on my shoulder.
My heart pounds and I snuggle close to him, taking in the smell of earth that he carries. After a long time of grief, I fall asleep with him.