~Epilogue~

(Newt's POV)

After two hours, I wake up.  The bus is parked and the drivers are getting out. (Y/N) has her head rested on my shoulder, deep in sleep. I brush a piece of hair from her face. She looks so peaceful like this. My chest stings and I think of Chuck and Riley. "Love," I whisper, "time to get up."
(Y/N) adjusts her position and blinks a few times before looking at me with her big, round eyes. "Newt..." She says and hugs me then stands up and stretches her arms out.
  I get up and plant a kiss on her forehead then leave the bus, she follows close behind, holding the back of my sweatshirt as she walks.
"Hello there," a man says as we enter a huge building. "Boys and (Y/N), come with me. Teresa go with my assistant, Jenna." He wears white from head to toe and has his hair gelled perfectly in place. The man pushes up his glasses and almost smiles at us through his emotionless personality.
"Wait, why can't Teresa come?" Thomas asks shakily, stepping forward.
His brows are furrowed, his face pale. I don't think he wants to be separated from anyone else right now. I haven't heard him speak in a long time.
The man sighs and shakes his head. "Don't worry, your girlfriend will be safe. We just don't have room for her in your sleeping grounds." He says. "Now, let's go."
Jenna, his assistant, walks over and puts a hand on Teresa's filthy shoulder. "Come," she says, "I'll be showing you your sleeping area."
Teresa glances at us a final time, her expression saddened. Then she sighs and turns on her heel, following Jenna down a long, white hall way. It was so quiet, you could hear their footsteps even when they turned a corner and were completely out of sight.
"The rest of you," The man says with a smile, "come with me."
I give (Y/N) an uneasy glance but she doesn't seem to get it; or maybe she does. She links our hands together; either because she's scared, or because she knows that I am.
We follow the man down a hallway until he brings us to a room filled with bunk-beds. He tells us that this will be where we sleep for the time being and even though it's run down, he's sure we can make some use out of it. He then smiles and leaves the room, shutting the door behind him.
(Y/N) looks at me, then frowns, a crease forming between her eyebrows. She looks around the room, at the bunks, then at our group, and I know that we're thinking the same thing: There's extra bunks. Why wouldn't Teresa be able to fit in here?

In the few hours that passed, we were given new clothes and served dinner. It was pizza. I haven't realized until now that I've been eating the same few foods over a span of three years. Some change is nice, I guess. Other kinds are not.
The pizza was fine. Not exactly how I remembered it to be, but I really can't complain. At least they're feeding us.
I feel clean for the first time in a while. My hair is neater. My hands are dirt-free. It's all pretty nice. However, I still can't seem to trust anyone here.
The fact that so many people lost their lives today has me feeling sick. I can't bare to sleep so I just stare at the ceiling in silence.
I can hear people snoring. Frypan below me, seems to toss and turn a lot, shaking my bunk above ever so slightly.
It's almost a rocking sensation. Almost. At times like this I miss my family. It makes me think and wonder what a loving embrace from my mother would feel like, or what a loving gesture from my father would. Who am I kidding? I don't even know them. It's impossible for me to feel sadness over not seeing them. But still, it's be great if someday, I could finally meet my parents. Tears well in my eyes and I'm about to lose it, but then, I hear a voice next to me. A soft, cautious one that could only come from one person.
"Newt?" It says.
I turn my head to see that (Y/N) had climbed up to my bunk and was staring at me with her big, gentle eyes. There's dark bags underneath them, but the moonlight brings out her features and she looks beautiful.
"Hey, Love," I whisper, the sight of her makes my heart flutter, "you alright?
She shows me her sad smile and nods. "Yeah, but I had a nightmare.", she explains," Could I stay with you?"
I could feel my lips flicking up into a wide grin. Why does she do this to me? How? "Of course." I say.
(Y/N) crawls into bed next to me and I wrap my arm around her.
"How about you?" She asks, "Are you alright? I know today was really bad."
I hold my breath and nod. "I'm okay." I lie. I'm no where close to okay. I could have lost her today.
She gives me an untrusting look but sighs tiredly and snuggles into my chest. "Newt?" She asks.
  "Hmm?"
She stays quiet for a moment. Not saying anything or moving at all. Is she sleeping? But then, in the quietest voice, she speaks. "Can we trust these people?"
I take a deep breath and shrug. "I don't know, but we'll be okay." I'm sure of it. I really am.
(Y/N) looks at me. She's on the verge of tears. "How do you know?" She asks, balling the hem of my shirt in her hand.

I smile and kiss her forehead. She's adorable. "We all have each other. So we'll be fine. I promise, Love." And for the first time, as I fell asleep, I actually believed it.