Chapter 6

Emma's POV

I woke up at 1 am this morning since I went to bed so early last night. It's now been two hours and all I did for that time is go on tumblr and right now I'm so bored. No one is on twitter at three and everyone I know is probably sleeping. I logged onto Skype to see if anyone was on and I found his name. I quickly started to video call him and patiently wait for him to answer.

"Hey Eric!!" I chirped

"Hey Emma why are you up so late?" Eric asked

"I went to bed so early last night and I can't go back to bed you?"

"Just thinking" he replied

"Care to share?" I asked even though I knew who he was thinking about. Here's a hint her name's Meg.

"I don't know Em" Eric said rubbing the back of his neck

"C'mon I can help you"

He gave me a look as if he is deciding wether to trust me or not. Finally, what seemed like an hour he sighed and started talking.

"It's Meg" Eric sighed

"What about her?" I asked trying to act like I didn't know anything

"I think I like her" Think? No, no he likes her

"Oh that's so cool! I'm so happy for you, Eric!" I smiled

"Ha, ya I guess. Hey, do you think she likes me back?" Eric asked

"Yes!" I exclaimed

You could see his face brighten at the sound of that.

"Really?! Shit, I have to ask her out right? Or is that too much?" he rambled

"Take it easy there buddy" I laughed

I know Meg like a sister, we grew up together and I know for a fact that she likes to take things slow.

"Ya you're right I'll text her later to see if she wants to hang out. Thanks Em you're amazing as always!" He said while yawning

We ended up talking for a little bit more but I could tell he was getting tired.

"Well, I'm getting tired, night Em or in your case good morning" he laughed as he disconnected

Great, now I'm alone again. I got up and went to to go to the bathroom when I heard voices. I'm going to die. I quickly grab the nearest object and opened my door so I can hear what the voices were saying. As soon as I heard them I knew who they were.

"you bitch!" My dad yelled

I heard a girl crying which I'm guessing was my mom

"Listen Harold you are a drunk, cheating bastard I'm so done with you! How long were you seeing her?!"

My dad was cheating on my mom? Oh my god. I felt tears threatening to spill out but I held them in and kept listening

"A week! Unlike you bitch who has been sleeping with another guy for like a month! What's his name again? Richard?"

"Leave him out of this! Just leave and go to your little slut Britney!"

"She isn't a slut! Just shut up for once woman!"

I heard my dad slam his hand on the table making some things from downstairs shake

"What are we doing? Look at us Harold we are cheating on each other for god's sake! I don't think we even love each other anymore!" my mom cried

I couldn't bare to hear anymore. I quietly shut my door and slid to the ground. I can't believe this is happening. I know my parents didn't really show that they loved me but I always thought they loved each other with all their heart. I guess not. I started crying and couldn't stop. I was able to climb back to bed but still cried into my pillow. Why couldn't I have a happy family? Why couldn't I actually have a relationship with my parents?