Chapter 10

Emma's POV

"Hey Em!" Henry chirped

"Hey Henry. Can I help you with something?" I asked while shifting myself so I could face him.

"Nope just wanted to make sure you're still up for the party Saturday. You're still going right?" He asked

Shit. I totally forgot about that. He just asked me today and I forgot already. I really don't want to go to this. Why did I even agree? Oh that's right to make my stupid ex-boyfriend jealous.

Don't get wrong I love parties, I actually was probably going to go whether Henry asked me or not. The problem was I never go to parties with anyone. Why you ask? Well it's simple if I go with someone and they get drunk they are my responsibility, and if I want to leave early than I have to go get the person I went with to go too and that's not fair.

Even when Trevor and I were dating I took a separate car because I always ended up leaving earlier than him. So that's why I go to parties alone, too much effort.

"hello? Em?" Henry said while waving his hand in front of my face

"hmm? Oh shit, I'm sorry, I spaced out. Ya, sure I'll still go with you." I answered giving him a smile.

What? Emma, what's wrong with you?What happened to going to parties alone? Oh that's right, your too nice to say no.

"Awesome! I'll text you later!" Henry said while walking down the hallway

I sighed and turned to my locker and opened it. I put all my books away and started heading towards my car.

The ride home was quick. I came home to no one as always and made myself dinner. Sometimes I wish my parents came home earlier or had another kid so I wouldn't be alone. I know both will never happen though so I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

I was sitting on my couch eating pizza while watching Netflix when I heard the doorbell ring. I slowly pealed the blanket off and already felt goose bumps running up my legs. It was mid-October and I was only wearing shorts and a t-shirt, judge me.

I made my way to the door and opened it revealing the Blake Stevens.

"Hey Em sorry to bother yo-"He started saying as he slowly took in my appearance. His eyes bugged out as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Maybe this was a bad idea. I'll just be going" he added

"No! come in it's totally fine." I reassured as I dragged him inside and into my living room.

"So what's up?" I asked as I took a seat back on my warm couch and draped the blanket back on.

"Well, I forgot to give you Nichole today and I wanted to see if you were still ok." He told me as he held out our fake baby.

"I'm fine thanks and sorry she totally slipped my mind today." I said while grabbing Nichole and placing her on my lap.

"I'll be going now" Blake said as he started to head towards the door.

"Wait, do you want to stay and watch Netflix? I have pizza!" I asked. I probably sound desperate right now but I really don't care at this point. I'm all alone.

It took him a minute or two to reply but finally he gave me a smile and agreed to stay. We spent the whole afternoon laughing and watching movies that we totally forgot the time. We were about to play another movie when we heard my front door open.

Ha, well my life is over.

"I'm Home!" My mom yelled from the front hall

"shit" Blake whispered as he jumped behind the couch.