Chapter 18

"Wake up, you lazy ass!" A girl screamed jumping on top of me.

"Get off of me" I mumbled in my pillow pulling the covers over my head

"So you don't want to see your favorite cousin?" The girl asked laughing

"Sarah!" I immediately jumped up and tackled her to the ground.

"Jesus, Em you're strong" Sarah laughed getting up off my floor

"Why are you here so early?" I asked excitedly.

Sarah looked flawless as usual. She was wearing a garnet and tan plaid long sleeve shirt with black leggings and tan vans. She had light brown wavy long hair that went half way down her back. She also had bright emerald green eyes.

"Well I wanted to surprise you so I drove up here an hour ago. Everyone else is coming later so don't worry" she said jumping up and down and giving me a hug.

"Holy shit I missed you so much! Help me pick out an outfit" I said walking over to my closet.

"It's 8:00am everyone is coming at one we have so much time to pick out your ugly clothes later. Let's go eat" Sarah laughed dragging me out of my room and into the kitchen. My mom and dad were already down there sipping their morning coffee. They weren't fighting but they also weren't looking at each other. I wonder if my family knows that they've been fighting or if it is a secret and I'm supposed to act like everything's fine. I honestly don't know which one is worst.

I opened the fridge and got three eggs and milk while Sarah looked through the cabinets and got pancake batter and chocolate chips. It's a tradition for Sarah and I to make chocolate chip pancakes every morning when we're together. I forget when we started it but we've been making this specific breakfast forever.

"So! What's the latest gossip in your life?" Sarah asked while cracking an egg. I know my parents are listening in since they are right in front of us so I can't tell her everything yet.

"Um well Trevor and I are over" I said mixing the mix

"Aw no! You guys were like the 'it' couple" she said pouting her lip

"Yeah well shit happens I guess" I laughed while pouring the mix on to the sizzling pan.

"What happened?" She curiously asked standing next to me

"Long story but I'll tell you later" I said trying to drop the subject in front of my parents. They don't really know the full story they just know I ended it.

"Oh ok well is there another boy in the picture since Trevor is out?" She asked nudging me with her elbow.

"You're such a dork" I chuckled but I still felt my cheeks burn up a little.

"There is totally another boy!"Sarah exclaimed. I'm going to kill her. Can't she see my parents are right there? I know they really like Blake surprisingly but I don't want them to know every detail.

"Shut up" I whispered gazing at my parents who were staring at their drinks acting as if they can't hear anything. Sarah followed my gaze and soon her mouth formed an 'oh' and nodded her head.

We finished making the chocolate chip pancakes and brought them to the table where the four of us inhaled every last crumb. The whole time my parents were asking Sarah about school and where she wants to go to college. It's weird thinking that that's going to be me next year. I really don't want to grow up.

After we finished breakfast Sarah and I made our way in my backyard and swung on my old swings. We used to swing on the swings for hours as kids and still do.