Chapter 11

Blake's POV

I slowly opened my eyes and took in my surroundings. Where the hell am I? It looks like I'm in some odd shaped room, like a tower. A tower! Now I remember, Emma didn't want her parents knowing I came over. I wonder why? Oh that's right, I'm every parent's nightmare. I looked to my right and saw Emma fast asleep. I smiled to myself knowing that I actually feel comfortable around her. I don't have many friends at school; I actually have zero friends at school. I have one friend not including Emma but they don't go to our school. We grew up together as kids and we still hang out to this day which is nice.

I looked at my phone to check the time, it was only 5 o'clock so I still had 3 hours till school started. I sighed and carefully got up not wanting to wake up Emma. I wrote her a note saying thanks for letting me stay and that I'll see her in school. I snuck out the back and made my way back home.

***

I walked into school feeling refreshed and happy I have no idea why. I was walking in the halls when I saw Emma at her locker laughing with some of her friends which made me smile. When I got to her locker her friend, Angie? I don't really know her but boy did she give me a death glare. I shook it off though and turned to Emma.

"Hey Em how was your morning?" I asked

She was about to answer when some kid interrupted her. Why does she have to be so popular? It's practically impossible to have a conversation with her in school.

"Hey Emma, are we still good about Saturday?" The boy asked. Saturday? What the hell was on Saturday? Is she actually going on a date with this guy?

"Yeah, Henry this is your third time asking, is there something wrong?" she asked confused

"No! I mean uh no it's just that I still can't believe you agreed to me" Henry said making Emma blush. Blush?! Ok fuck this I don't need to listen. I left the group of people ignoring Emma's calls to get me to come back. I don't why I'm so jealous, I mean it's not like we are dating so why should I care? The bell rang for classes to start but I ignored it and kept on walking towards the library.

"Blake shouldn't you be in class?" the librarian asked raising her eyebrow

"Not in the mood Sherri" I replied walking into one of the isles ignoring the disapproving look she was giving me. I sat down and just sat there thinking to myself. What does Henry have that I don't? I was sitting for about 5 minutes before I heard two girls talking in the next row over.

"So did you hear about Saturday?" Girl 1 asked

"Yes! This party is going to be epic!" Girl 2 squealed

Party? How can I forget Mark's party Saturday! I might not have friends but I always get invited to these parties because I make it "fun". Maybe Emma and Henry are going to the party. Naahh, she never goes to parties with people. She always goes alone, everyone knows that.

"And did you hear? Emma Starr is actually going with someone!" Girl 1 exclaimed

"Yes! With Henry Clark Right? Omg they are so adorbs!" Girls 2 screamed

So they are going to the party? Does Emma really like this guy? I have to go to this party now. I have a plan; I got up and ran out of the library and down the halls. I got out of school and quickly got in my car and drove off.

Emma's POV

This week has been weird. Blake has been avoiding me like the plague and Henry isn't leaving my side. I want to tell him to go away because rumors are starting to spread that we are dating which isn't so bad since he's hot but I don't like him that way. Don't even get me started on this stupid project. Blake hasn't done his share for like 4 days and since he won't talk to me in class I have to do all the classwork.