Chapter 14

Emma's POV

"Hello class" Ms. J, our health teacher said

Once again Blake and I were sitting in the back with our baby while the other students shouted and yelled.

"Alright, settle down. I hope you kids had a great weekend because this project is going to get tougher." Ms. J said followed by some moans and groans from our classmates.

This weekend really was great. No scratch that, it was amazing! I woke up on Sunday next to Blake and let me tell you something. Blake has the hottest morning voice you'll ever hear.

His mom didn't care that I slept over. She said next time Blake has to sleep on the floor but that's it for rules. His mom is so cool. She also makes an amazing breakfast. I could stay at his house forever.

Let's not forget about little Nichole. She was bouncing off the walls, singing songs. I played dolls with her all day until I had to go home. I love Blake's family. The one thing that is odd is that I never met his dad I just heard of him. I wonder what he does, all I know is that he's always working kind of like my parents.

I turned my head to look at Blake to find him already looking at me. He wasn't smiling but he wasn't frowning either.

"Can I help you?" I joked

"Nah, just zoned out I guess" He smirked and turned his attention back on Ms. J who was in the front of the room.

"Now class, I know this project seems easy right now for some people" she said while looking at the nerds.

"But boy is this project going to get tough. Say goodbye to parties! I see what you kids do. Remember the camera is built into the baby so I see everything. Some things that I could go the rest of my life without knowing" she said making a few kids to our left turn red. Oh god, I wonder what they did.

"This being said, I am taking out the camera. The new way of how I will grade you is your doll. It's simple, if your doll is perfect and healthy you are obviously doing a good job. However, if your doll is dirty and falling apart well we have a problem." Ms. J explained.

"Excuse me Ms. J?" Some nerd said

"Yes Charlie?"

"How is it going to be more difficult? With the baby not having a camera it's a piece of cake." The nerd said while laughing at himself

"I'm glad you asked that. The baby will be more emotional and will react to more things. So sorry, you can't throw your doll on your kitchen table after a long day. You have to lay it carefully down on a bed and tuck it in. Also, the doll will cry 10 times more and it'll get hungry faster. Basically, you need to give it attention twenty four-seven as if it was a real baby." Ms. J explained.

"This is going to blow" Blake mumbled next to me

"Oh hush, it's good practice" I nudged him and continued listening to the teacher.

"I'm handing out instructions on the proper way to clean the doll and to feed it. Also it explains reasons of certain things the baby is doing. Hopefully this will help you all. If you have questions that aren't in the packet come and ask me. You can now turn to your partner and discuss" she said while handing the last pair of partners a packet.

Blake and I turned and faced each other.

"How are we going to do this?" Blake sighed

"I have no idea"

***

"Stupid baby. It won't stop crying! That's it I have to call him." I left the kitchen and grabbed my phone from my room. I quickly dialed Blake's number and listened to the rings.