Chapter 1

Lucy's POV

I get off of work and I walk into the forest with my usual straw basket and cloak, to hide my identity. I hum a little tune as I walk over to the usual place. I look inside. "Hello? I'm coming in." I hesitantly walk in the fairly large cave. "I brought food and bandages for your wound." I see green eyes glow in the dark. Then the cave gets lit up as the candles burn. I smile and walk over to the source of the eyes. It was a dragon-like creature. It had pink hair, green eyes, and it looked partially human but it also had red scales on its cheeks, arms, and legs. It had red dragon wings, tail, and even horns. He can control fire. But he's never talked to me or anything. It simply let me touch it and feed it. He was injured. He had scratches and newly forming scars on his neck and hip. I found him about a week ago.

I take the bandages and ointment out of the basket and slide the basket of food over to him. He starts eating the bread as I rub ointment on his wounds and wrap new bandages over the cuts. I put the bloody bandages in the now empty basket. I smile at the dragon-like creature. "There. I'll be back tomorrow so don't go anywhere and take it easy! Don't open up the wounds again!" The creature only grunts and faces the wall. I sigh. "At least tell me your name please" He grumbles and his tail wraps around himself. I sigh and grab the basket and walk out of the cave. "It's Natsu." I then hear. I quickly turn around and see the now dark cave. Glowing green eyes were looking at me. I smile. "My name is Lucy! I'll see you tomorrow Natsu!" I walk back to my house and go to sleep.

I take a shower. Today is Saturday so I don't have to go to work, yay me! I sigh and feel the burn of the hot water. He actually talked and told me his name! I'm so happy! Maybe I can get him to talk more! Or I might be dreaming too hard. Oh well. I turn the water off and step out as I wrap a towel around myself. I sing as I get dressed. I make some food and put it in my basket. I put my cloak on and walk out of the house, locking the door behind me. I jog to the cave. I pant a little and step inside. "Natsu? Its me" The cave lights up and I see Natsu leaning against the wall, staring at me. I sit down across from him. I give him the basket after taking the ointment out. As he munches on the meat, I unwrap his bandages. It wasn't bleeding anymore so I just rub the ointment on it. The ointment was to help reduce swelling, stop infections, and reduce redness.

I wrap the bandages up again and I sit back. I mess with my fingers, I'll try talking to him today. "So how did you get injured?" "Got into a fight." He mutters his answer. I tilt my head. "Fight?" He nods. "Bad fight. Why are you even helping me? I'm a monster." He mutters. I grab his hands, making him flinch and look at me. I frown. "You are not a monster!" Then I smile. "You are my friend! And why wouldn't I help you!" His mouth twitches. "Friend?" I smile and nod, letting his hands go. "Yup! Friend!" Then he gives me the cutest grin. "Friend!" I blush and nod. "Yup! You're my friend!" 

(So? What do ya think?)