Chapter 8

Lucy's POV

We appear in the Celestial world. Natsu looks around in awe. I interlink my arms with Natsu's, who looks down at me. "Just follow my lead." "Ok" We walk towards the crowd, where tons of celestial beings were talking and partying. Natsu holds back a laugh. I nudge him in the stomach. "Do not insult anyone! Yes they look different but they are still my people!" I whisper yell at him. "Fine, fine" "Puun puun" I crouch down. "Hi Plue!" "Puun!" I pick him up. "What's that thing?" I punch Natsu in his side "His name is Plue! He's a dog!" "Doesn't look like it." "Puun." I pat Plue's head. "Go play with the other Nikolas." "Puun!" He runs off to his friends. "Nikora?" "Yeah. Plue is a silver key. So there's multiple of Nikolas." "Cool. So everyone here is a spirit?" "Yup." "Wait...so everyone here is a constellation?" "Yup" "...What about you?" "...Yes?"

"So someone cou-" "Old friends. I welcome you all to the annual celestial ball. Can my daughter and friend come here" "Who is that?" Natsu asks. I nudge his stomach. "He's the celestial king! Now lets go!" I whisper. "Why?" "Just do it!" I lead Natsu up to the celestial king. I pick the sides of my dress up and bow. "I have returned father. Meet my friend Natsu Dragneel, the fire dragon." I grab the back of Natsu's head and force him to bow. "Ow Lucy!" "No need to be so formal daughter. Stand up, both of you." We stop bowing and we look up at him. "Enjoy the party you two. I want no fighting old friends." Everyone bows at his request. And then the celestial king disappears.

"You're the celestial princess!" I play with my fingers nervously. "Yes?" "Damn and here I thought you were a normal human in the beginning." "Hmph. You know about me and I know nothing of you. Is that fair?" Natsu flinches. I pinch the bridge of my nose. "My apologies. I never meant it that way." "Oi don't get formal on me." "sorry! Its instinct to talk that way here..." "I-" "Lucy!" I turn and see the zodiac. "Hey guys! What's up?" Loke looks down. "Your key has arrived." I pale. "It isn't on earthland is it?" "No heavens no! Here." He holds out his hand. In his hand was a heart key. It was golden and had a ruby heart. I grab it. "Thank you Loke." "Of course." They all bow then walk away. I grab Natsu's hand and drag him off somewhere.

I close the door and slide to the floor. "Are you ok?" I sigh and look at my key. "I'm officially a celestial spirit." "Weren't you one before?" I shake my head. "I didn't have a key then. But now someone could get my key and use it anytime they wanted." Natsu crouches in front of me and wipes my eyes, I flinch when I realize I was crying. Thank mavis my makeup is waterproof and smear proof. "I take it that's a bad thing." I nod slowly. "There aren't just good celestial mages out there Natsu." I grip the key then put my hand that has the key on Natsu's chest. "Take it." "Why me?" I look up at him. "Because I trust you. Make a contract with me Natsu"

"How?" "Apparently my key is special. I need your blood Natsu" "O-Ok" Natsu bites down on his finger. I raise my thumb. "Bite me too." "Ok" He takes my thumb and bites down. I wince but then Natsu lets my thumb go when it starts to bleed. I grab the key and place it against my bleeding finger. "Place your finger over the key." And he does. Our blood mixes and pours down the key. The key glows. "I am available anytime." The words pour out of my mouth, like they couldn't be held in. The key stops glowing and I pull my finger away, grabbing the key. I lick the blood off my finger. I press the key against Natsu's chest. "Now you are able to use my key, celestial mage or not. Take the key and do not let anyone have it. Don't even let anyone know about it." "Got it."

We both stand up. I sigh and straighten my dress. Natsu puts the key in his pocket. "I'll tell master about this later..." I mutter to myself. "Hey Lucy...where are we anyways?" I smile and look around . "This is my childhood bedroom." It was a bedroom decorated in pink. I run my fingers down a drawing on the wall. I was never allowed out much as a child due to my powers. So...my time was spent here." "It was the same for me." I look at Natsu. "I wasn't allowed out of the cave I was born in for at least thirty years or so." "Oh Natsu..." "Its fine. I was told there was a danger then so I understood." He shrugs. Then his stomach growls. I giggle and grab his hand. "Lets go feed the hungry dragon"

Natsu digs into a turkey. "Mm celestial food is delicious!" I giggle and start eating into my small cake. "Slow down!" He ignores me. "Ugh look at her. She's going to bring the celestial realm to the abyss one of these days." I hear a bunch of ladies giggle. Natsu slams his fist down on the table and glares, tiny flames coming out of him. I put a hand on his arm. "Drop it." "But-" "Drop. It." "Aye" Natsu's wings droop and his flames go out. "Look, there's no need to say it behind my back. I pity you. Gossiping and giggling like hyenas. If you have something to say, SAY IT TO MY FACE!" The crowd goes silent. My eyes turn blue and I glare at everyone. "I would never harm this world. I am not stupid nor evil. But if you say anything bad about my friend" My eyes turn red. "I will end everyone who talks badly about him. Don't think I can't hear you. Hmph. I stopped living here because of all of the idiots." Everyone backs up as my eyes turn black. "Everyone got that?! You forget who you're messing with!" Everyone bows and scurries away from us.

Natsu whistles. "Nice." I look at him as my eyes slowly go back to normal. I sit back down and put my hand on my head. "Hey. Are you alright?" Natsu asks, his tail wrapping around me. I look at him. "I'm fine. Why didn't you stand up for yourself? I know you heard the comments." One of Natsu's wings wrap around me. "They weren't worth it. But what's with the eyes?" "Later. Now is not the time to explain." "Take your time." Natsu digs into the turkey again. "Are you alright princess?" "I am Virgo. Thanks." "Punishment?" "No!" Natsu looks at us weirdly. "Oh yeah princess...I have made an upgraded whip for you." "Oh thank you!" I grab the offered whip. Instead of a tube it's a whip again. "It acts like a normal whip but it extends and moves to your will like the other one." "Thank you Virgo!" "Punishment?" "No!"

I link my arm with Natsu's. "Ready?" "Yup! Lets go home!" "Kay!" We smile at each other then we walk to the exit. "Lucillia." I turn around and see the celestial king. "Father!" "I am sorry I could not help you." "Its fine father! I had fun!" "If you say so dear daughter. Friend, take care of my daughter." The celestial king says the last part to Natsu, who grins. "Of course!" "Until next time Lucillia" He disappears. "Lucillia?" Natsu tilts his head. "That is my spirit name, the name I was born with" "Hmph. Lucy will always be Lucy to me" I blush then grab his wrist. "Lets go!" I close my eyes. "Earthland ni watashitachi o okurimasu!" We disappear.