Chapter 9

Lucy's POV

We appear on Earthland, in my apartment. I squeal and land on the bed. Natsu screams then appears on top of me. "Ow! Your heavy!" I say out of breath. "Sorry" Natsu rolls off me. I sigh. "I did not know we would land like that. Sorry." We look at each other. "Its fine..." I open my mouth but Natsu sits up. "I'll tell you about myself. Its only fair." "Ok." Natsu runs his clawed hand through his hair. "I think I'll start on why I was injured when you found me." I open my mouth then close it, nodding. "Ok." Natsu gets off the bed and walks around the room, pacing back and forth. "You don't ha-""I was being hunted."

"H-Hunted?" "Yeah." Natsu growls and his wings twitch. "By who?" Natsu stops and looks at me. "Two different creatures." Natsu's tail wraps around his right leg. "W-what creatures?" "A dragon and a human" Natsu paces around the room again. "Do you know their names?" "I do." Natsu turns around and paces in the other direction. "What are they?" "Zeref and Acnologia." Silence breaks over us. I open my mouth then close it. "Z-Zeref and A-Acnologia?" I pale when he nods. "Oh boy..." I sigh. "Why were they hunting you?" "Two different reasons. But let me start at when I was born." "Ok but first, come here your pacing is making me dizzy." He walks over and sits on the bed. I squeak when his tail drags me into his lap. Natsu's wings and tail wrap around me and I put my hands on his chest.

"I was born about four hundred years ago. I don't know who my mother is but my father was a fire dragon, the fire dragon king in fact. And apparently word got out when I hatched and all kinds of dragons hated my father. So naturally they targeted me. That is why I was trapped for thirty years or so. And one day, Acnologia came and searched for me for a solid year. When he didn't find me, he was pissed at my father and swiped at him. Its how he got his scar on his chin. And when Acnologia had come and gone, I was allowed out."

Then Natsu starts shaking. "About eighty years ago, Acnologia found my dad and I. My dad and Acnologia fought for a long time." Natsu sniffs and buries his face in my chest. I rub his back. "My dad took his arm and Acnologia...He killed my dad." I bury my face in Natsu's hair, still rubbing his back. "You ca-" "About a year ago, Zeref came up to me saying 'I'll give you power to kill Acnologia but you have to give me something in return.' I denied saying 'I'll grow stronger by myself. Not by someone I don't know.' And Zeref said nothing but disappeared after." Natsu sniffs and sighs. "A day or two before you found me I fought with Acnologia. I only left a scratch on the bastard. As you can see I have all my limbs and as you know I barely survived." Natsu lifts his head and I wipe the tear tracks off his face. He opens his mouth slightly and leans towards me. I do the same.

I get off Natsu's lap when the door slams open. "Lucy-san! Natsu-san! The guild is being attacked!" Me and Natsu almost kissed. "By who?" Wendy opens her mouth and I widen my eyes as she says. "Acnologia." Natsu growls and jumps out the window. "Wendy can you fly us over to the guild!?" "Yes Lucy-san!" We run out of the apartment and Wendy starts flying, then she picks me up and flies us over to the guild.