Chapter 2

Lucy's POV

I walk to the cave, smiling in achievement. It's been a week since I called Natsu my friend. I found something! Something amazing! I had my basket with me of course. Maybe I can convince him to come out of the cave. I step inside of the dark cave. Green eyes stare at me, watching. I roll my eyes. "What can you see in the dark or something?" "Lucy~" He says, trying to be scary. I play along. "Oh~ Im so scared~" "Good you should be!" Something wraps around me and I squeak. "Natsu!" It drags me over to Natsu. "Its just my tail!" The cave lights up. His tail tightens around me. I set a hand on the tail. "Ok so first we eat then I show you a surprise!" He tilts his head, tail loosening around me slightly. "Surprise?" I sit down and hand him the basket. I squeak as his tail drags me over to him after he grabs the basket. "Fine. If it's for you" He chomps into a roll. "What's this at the bottom?" He asks. "Part of the surprise now eat! No questions!" I shove a sandwich in his mouth. "Mmph!"

I grab Natsu's hand. "Come on!" "I'm comin im comin." I drag him out of the cave. He squints at the bright light. "Its too bright." "No its not its too dark in the cave! Now lets go!" We start running. "Where are we going?" "Surprise!" We run for a while. We stop. "Wow Lucy! This is amazing!" I nod, smiling. "Right?!" It was a waterfall leading into a large pool of water. I set the basket down. "Now strip and wash yourself! You smell funky!" "Meanie!" I pull a bottle of shampoo out. "This is shampoo. Just use this to wash yourself." "ok" I sit down and look away as Natsu starts stripping. "I have clothes in the basket for you!" "Ok!" I smile and hum to myself.

"Im dressed." Natsu says. I look at him. He was facing away. He had white baggy pants and a black zip up vest with one arm covered. He was flapping his wings to dry them. Then he stops. "Thanks Lucy I needed that!" He grins at me. I smile. "Yup! You stank and now your hair isn't greasy!" "So what next?" "I don't know." Then my phone starts ringing. Natsu jumps and growls at the strange noise. I answer my phone. "Hello?" "Hey Lucy-san! Gray-san noticed you're not home! Where are you?" "Ah hey Wendy! I'm just taking a walk!" "Ok! You had him worried!" "I'm fine Wendy I'm a big girl!" "Hehe I know! Bye Lucy!" "Bye Wendy!" I hang up. I put my phone in my pocket. "What was that thing?" "Don't worry about it. Well Im going to head back, want me to walk you to the cave?" "Uh sure"